Hand armor

Robster

Hey guys i would like to know how you keep your hand armor plates on your gloves and what gloves you use.I will probablly use the chemical gloves so we'll start there..

The rubber chemical gloves look great... but are terrible for trooping... think swamp hands. I use the Nomex flight gloves. I have a band of elastic wrapped around the wrist that it attaches to, and also have sewn additional velcro into the top of the glove that connects to velcro on the hand back.

I've got a piece of velcro that goes around my wrist and then a piece that goes around my palm. And, like Mike, I use a pair of nomex flight gloves. I also have a pair of the chemical gloves and while they look great, there is no way in **** that you'd ever want to wear them for longer than 5 minutes.

I hot glued a patch of velcro to the top of my glove and to the bottom of the plate. Works well and have yet to have it fall or get pulled off. Be sure not to wear the glove while hot glueing the velcro to the top as it smarts a bit.

I stiched some velcro into the tops of my flight gloves then stuck some industrial hook side velcro onto the inside of the hand pieces.

Only problem is if I forget my gloves i cant really borrow someone elses.

One thing I did to fix that was made an elastic band with velcro sewed on that stays in the botom of my tub just in case.

-Bill

I got my hand plate on whit the black string (from the armor kit) around the hand (like every body else).

But i also got a black strip from the hand plate up in my under arms (i youse then from the armor kit again from the chest and bag strips).

You know like baby´s and small kid´s got them/gloves haing from there clothing.

It works perfect, and the hand plade will go no where.

Definitely nomex flight gloves. I didn't like how the elastic felt around my palm, so I put elastic around my wrists at the base of the armor plate, then added a black ponytail hair band from the top of the armor plate to loop around my middle finger. Feels great and is flexible too, since it isn't attached to the glove anywhere. It also makes it possible for me to use the gloves with other costumes.