Suggestions for backpack straps

BadBatch

Here's the issue I'm dealing with. I finished my pack last month and excitedly took it to my next troop-  Only to discover that I'm a bit broad for it the way it's currently set up.

I'm currently using 1.5" (3.8cm) wide nylon straps. My problem is that to get the straps where they need to be (outside the chest plate under the shoulder bell elastic)
I'm really cutting down on my arm mobility. The pack needs to be fairly snug to ride in the right place on my back but the wide strap is squeezing in on the sides of my chest plate around the bottom of the arm holes, 
and this resulted in 4-5 small cracks during the 6hr troop.

I don't want to go TOO much narrower on the straps as that will probably start cutting into the shoulder, but if I go with a wider, padded strap I'm worried that I'll reduce my arm mobility to basically zero.

Any thoughts?

The real straps that come with the Karrimor frames are padded straps. I'd say 3/4" wide. I put my pack on and cinch it down and connect the chest strap I added on my own. Then I put my shoulder bells on over the strap. I have no loss of mobility but I do start to notice the pack after an hour or so. 

• Upvote 1