Mortar tube suggestions?

Olympus

Hey guys i ordered the am stormtrooper kit and now I've come to build my pack I am trying to use the tube caps from the thermal detonator but when I go to a 2in pvc pipe the caps are too big and then too small for a 3in tube what have you guys used to make one or are their suggestions for me with the materials that I already own?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey guys i ordered the am stormtrooper kit and now I've come to build my pack I am trying to use the tube caps from the thermal detonator but when I go to a 2in pvc pipe the caps are too big and then too small for a 3in tube what have you guys used to make one or are their suggestions for me with the materials that I already own?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Did you try 2.5 inches or 2.25 inch pipe?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, the UK guys have different sizing than what we have in the US. Did your kit come with the pipe portion for the thermal detonator? You will have to find a match for that or you'll have to get new pieces from a US armor vendor. I received some caps from Tosche Traders and they were way bigger than what I had seen here in the US and had to get different ones. Either that or order a pipe from a member in the UK. 

Disregard, I read TM instead of AM. 

I used black electrical conduit with a 2.5" OD, then found some white ABS couplers that fit on it. Probably 2" ID plumbing pipe, if memory serves. Then I cut circles of white ABS scrap to function as the end cap and put those between the black pipe and white coupler and cemented everything together.