The '04 Dirty Boy is back!!!!

TD5374

I (Joe Musso for those that dont know me) is bacccccccccccckkkkkkkkk!

I'm FINALLY back in the dewback saddle as much as is possible and going to start trooping as much as is possible, my back allowing of course.

First off, let me apologise to you Dirty Vets who I know, that I have been gone THIS FRAKKIN LONG! I never expected that I was going to be FUBAR this bad this long! There has been many a day that I have been literally wheelchair bound. I am now walking, somedays with the aid of a cane, but mostly I am upright & am motivating along just fine until evening hours where I cry like a female sandperson in heat.

But, I am getting BACK into my Sandy armor for the first time for the Colorado State Fair, which is upcoming, and I, from now on, RE-Frakkin-FUSE to go down again unless I go down either paralyzed or dead this time.

I apologize to you guys for leaving the boards, but my meds were of the type that I literally would try to look at the puters screen and would fall asleep in the chair within 1-2 MINUTES!! It was Gawd-Awful!.

For those of you that don't know me, Im the Joe Musso that is mentioned on the intro page that got ahold of the MEPD back in 2004 from those that had tried to KILL it and asked for help from a BUNCH of KICK *** Sandies and then I rode THEIR backs and we now have the BEST detail in ALL the 501! For some reason they gave ME all the credit, not sure why, I just rode their coattails after giving them a little direction and letting THEM do all the work hehehhehe!

Anyway, I had to leave the detachment for awhile, and in fact stopped trooping as a whole due to a back injury that I had suffered back in 2002 as a Deputy Sheriff, that had intensified severly. These DirtyBoyz jumped in and took over without so much as a hiccup! They not only took over but improved it in such a way that I could never have done!

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I was back in the saddle again... I am here and ready to kick ***, let me know what you need of me! And no I am not here to DEMAND that the detachment be given back to me! I heard that that was a rumor, Thats BS! My understanding is that you guys had elections or a selection or something, good enough for me. Just let me know where ya need me boss, Ill go there!

"Keep it Dirty boyz, She likes it that way!"

Joe 'Moose' Musso

Again thanks all! Cant tell you what the WB means to an old crusty azz like me! If you check it out, I went ahead and did a repost of the history of the MEPD for the newbies and for those, like 2808 who like to reread it. Its always good for them to realize WHERE they come from, so they can take pride in the fact that they have a history they can point to and remember. That gives us strength where OTHER Detachments forget and dont care, it hurts them.

Seth, I have an idea (and I would suck at the position so NOT me pulease!) But a Detachment historian would be AWESOME! I could give a better "history lesson" to him, along with which ever other OLD OLD timer is around.

Actually, I'm working on a comprehensive "living" history for the "history" page, incorporating the info from your post, stuff we've done to date (continually updated), and a little backround on how the MEPD started. One snag I'm running into is no one seems to know the name of the guy who started the pre-detachment MEPD. His screen name is still visible on the old EZboard, but the account is inactive. Oh well. I like the idea of a historian. Maybe I'll just throw that on my pile since I'm already working on it. I'll add it to the official list of DL responsibilities. I'll put it in second place, just under "delegate everything to someone else"

Welcome back you old dirty dog! I hope you've showered since then though!

BAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The "OTHER" Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck are ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang fine ta see ya, ya grey haired old fart! I was wondering if any of you guys were still ALIVE! LOL Me and you will have to get together and swap lies brother!.

TD7606 I will see if I still have some pics. I posted a bunch back then, but I know for a fact that the boards have had a few crashes since then, so I dont know if they are still there or not.

Seth, I will try to get ahold of Braks and get the names of the guys that we got the MEPD from. It was Steve something if I remember, wasnt it Bama? I will guarantee one thing Seth, you might as well figure on NOT getting ANY cooperation from the original owners. From the information I received then, and understand this is SECONDHAND info, the guys were P.O.'ed at everyone and anyone and had ran the MEPD into the ground by flat out REFUSING to do ANYTHING with it at all! As the MEPD's reputation went into the toilet, and it took the 501's along for the ride, they COMPLETELY distanced themselves from the group. PERIOD. To the point of not taking Emails from 501 Command Staff even. At that point, I believe that most of them even quit participating in the 501 as a whole.

I do know that ONE of the "Detachment Command level" members actively was using his position to both destroy not only the 501 but our own MEPD.

Like I said, this is ALL secondhand NON~verified info, but the person that I got it from at the time was a good source.

But I will jump on that and see what I con come up with for ya brother.

And there is one thing I am glad to see that HASNT left the MEPD. The use of the word Brother. Im glad that the Family aspect is still here. That we, as a whole remember that we are a Dirty Crusty Smelly Old Family who would have Family services here in a flash to pick up our kids cause we dont make them take a bath! hehehheheehe

laters all

Moose

"But yer Honor, She SAID she wanted it `Dirty, Nasty,& Rough' ya know, the SandTrooper Way"

And there is one thing I am glad to see that HASNT left the MEPD. The use of the word Brother. Im glad that the Family aspect is still here. That we, as a whole remember that we are a Dirty Crusty Smelly Old Family who would have Family services here in a flash to pick up our kids cause we dont make them take a bath! hehehheheehe

great to have some of the "older brother" back in here.

i read your lines like in some history book! it feels good to know where this detachment started back in these days...