Honest Opinons...

Crash

thanks! I will add a bit more grime to the chest soon. Now I just need my Ab Piece and I will apply to the MEPD, I had kept up with you guys a few years ago, but the boards used to never be active. Glad to have looked back on the boards and glad to see MEPD up and running!

Actually, I wouldn't add more, I'd try to take a bit off of everything else. Remember, we're Sandtroopers, not Sewertroopers!

Not saying that the rest of your suit looks like a sewer...I've just seen a lot of people go a little overboard with the weathering, that's all.

The trick is try and make it look like the armor got that dirty by using it in harsh enviroments. The cracks and crevasses are the main areas to concentrate on. I actually used a 3Mâ„¢ Scotchbrite pad on my armor after painting it to remove most of the paint, as well as the glossy sheen. It now looks good and dull, but used!

Good point 0013, you want to look like you were sand-trooping not mud-wrestling! I am however, a fan of the Davin Felth style "crud splash" on the chest. I try to keep my armor looking like it might have been cleaned at some point. Although, it was probably a half-assed job! You can always remove a little of the dirt though. I start super dirty and take off the excess until I'm happy with it.

• 1 year later...

Looks good, but maybe ease up on some of the darkest black areas. I don't know what sort of "coloring agent" you used, but if it's water soluble, try diluting the paint with some water and lightening it up a bit...just my two cents.

I think it would have looked better if you'd used a sand coloured paint rather than the black/dark colour.I think that weathering should only really be subtle and not too 'over the top'.Sand wouldn't stick too well to plastic so it would only be from wind blasting the sand at it that would stick to the hard lines and scratches/gauges in the plastic.I think the armour should look like it's done a few tours of duty,and would be scratched and lightly weathered,with yellowy brown hue to it and not black.You did ask for honest opinions!

-Paul.