New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am Chris, DZ-563. I got tired of being framed by TD for killing Jawas so rather than beat them I have decided to join them. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago asking for armor suggestions. Thank you very much for all of your help.

My plan is to start saving for a TD captain (with "a move along" back pack and Lawis Gun and an E-11). I am pretty sure that I am going to get a TM helmet and some ATA armor. But I am still open to suggestions.

Thanks for all of your help and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Greetings all, been on here for a bit but I never chimed in yet. I am working on a seperate bucket to make my first TD. My armor is Soooo shineny...might need a little encouragement to "get dirty"...I am also working on my EIB in the FSID too, so I am a bit busy. I will have a TD only set of armor so I can really go to town when I do.

Thanks.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...I was about 5 when my dad took me to a matinée movie about some movie he heard about and thought it was supposed to be a big deal. There was nobody inline at the time. By the time we exited the first showing in California of Star Wars, A New Hope, the line went around the building, three times. I still remember the coolest figure in the movie...the sandtrooper. Flash forward 35 years.

I was stuck in a job I hated. I didn't have a hobby. I am driving my family crazy. Then one day, while searching for more Star Wars action figures...BAM. I see this little website called the 501st. Within minutes, my chubby fingers are flicking across the keyboard and I land HERE, the MEPD. I realize I am home, among friend, with a hobby, and they understand me. Work has meaning again. I have a hobby that consumes me. My wife is actually happy and the family are deciding which character they want to be.

Hour after hour of scouring the forums like a detective searching for every rivet and hint of hidden prop perfection. Is it painted black or silver, how thick is the tape, how many inches from the edge and does that guy really think he will pass SWAT?

Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love it when the Command Staff review an application and and Juan is so polite. Seriously, everyone jumps on and says "looking good, almost there and see you at the Catina". Then Juan...so nice and polite and BAM, you missed this and this and this and this. I LOVE THIS GROUP! This is NOT sarcasm. I really do appreciate our Command Staff and every member. You guys and gals are great. Thank you for bringing me home. So glad this introduction is my very first post.

Juan, just remember to be gentle when I finally request deployment. ;) See you in the dunes... -Sand Devil

Hey guys n gals,

**** TD6068, Been active since November 2011, finally approved. loved the dirty boys since watching them (In the original release 77 ) lull those rebel scum into a false sense of security by carefully repeating everything they said...

Now looking to deploy as a Police Officer with MEPD, Just looking to do a backpack...

Drawn to the 501st after losing my younger brother to cancer last month and seeing all the wonderful fundraising work the local Redback Garrison boys do over here in Queensland Australia.... Just the perfect way to blend both things together...

Hope to see you Fellow Dirtys out on patrol soon,

"How dare you judge me, sitting up there in your airconditioned battle cruisers!"

Hi all! It's great to be here in the sandbox.

I've just decided to take the plunge into the wonderful world of costuming, and what better place to start than the 501st? Several years ago I decided to go as Darth Maul for Hallowe'en (nowhere near screen accurate, but fun). While researching him I discovered the 501st and had that niggling in the back of my head to build a stormie. Now that I've got the time and funds I'm ready to jump in and have fun.

I also realized during my research that I really wanted to make a TD. Those TK guys are waaay too shiny :P and besides, as an active duty soldier I know that an inspection ready force never passes combat, and a combat ready force never passes inspection :D.

Looking forward to getting dirty, and getting some input from you guys 'n gals on getting a TD up to snuff for 501st approval (and later deployment as a police officer I'm hoping.

Starlight out.

Edit: Just ordered an ATA TD kit in ABS tonight. Guess I'm committed to getting dirty now :thumbsup:

Greetings all,

My name is Mark, and I live in San Diego. As a big Star Wars fan, I have always gotten a lot of enjoyment out of seeing 501st troopers at various events over the years. I finally decided it was time to join, in hopes of passing on that same enjoyment to others.

Since I first saw them back in '77, I have been a fan of the sandtroopers. As an avid outdoors person and search and rescue volunteer, I feel that the TD is also a good match for my personality. After spending quite a bit of time on the whitearmor.net forums, I have put my name on the waiting list for an ATA TD kit.

I am hoping a TD in the San Diego area might have time to mentor me a bit regarding their costume.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm sure someone there in the area would love to mentor you... I can't think, right now, who's out there... someone will point you in the right direction.

Regardless... welcome aboard!!