are there different types of nomex flight gloves?

freakengine

I've noticed that the nomex flight gloves really run the gamut pricewise. I've seen sets for anywhere between $16 and $50. I'd guess there's some qualitative difference betwween these price points, but how much is it? Any ideas? Have any of you ever bought nomex gloves that were just crap?

I'm thinking some of the cheaper ones are made for public sale and some might be real flight gloves. I got a pair of black ones and they are great, but they don't instill any confidence that they would do anything in or near a fire. That said, I know nothing about nomex, so mine could just be cotton/poly.

This was done a while back with the East German boots. the were cheap but nice. Leather lined and stitched better. they sold like hotcakes and started to dry up. They started to appear again, unlined and looking brand new. A friend in germany said someone started producing them quickly for the "new" market for them.