How am I doing?

Stormcracker

This is my first attempt at weathering and I wanted to make sure I am on the right track. I know I am missing the tube stripes. I attempted to paint them myself and failed horribly. I have ordered decals from from trooperbay and while I am waiting I decided to give weathering a go. In my excitement I weathered a bit were the tube stripes go! I have cleaned up that area since I took the picture.

DSCN3296_zps7a4b818c.jpgDSCN3298_zpsa4e31f70.jpgDSCN3297_zpsb6eedb9f.jpg

Weathering looks good.

I always say that the weathering is personal, so if you're happy with it it's good.

If you want to take it to the next level snoop around on the SWAT section and try to recreate one of the sandtroopers from the screen.

Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

The front shot almost looks like dried blood. Battle torn, love it! :thumbsup:

This is what I was going for! Not the dried blood, but battle torn. I'm glad it came across!

Try to take some pics in daylight to have a good feedback on how much weathering has to be done to make it look right.

Sometimes it might look too much sometimes not enough. :)

Once I get my tubestripes, I'm going to touch it up a bit. Then I'll take some better pictures!

Weathering looks good.

I always say that the weathering is personal, so if you're happy with it it's good.

If you want to take it to the next level snoop around on the SWAT section and try to recreate one of the sandtroopers from the screen.

Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

I thought about trying to recreate a sandtrooper, but I'm not confident enough in my skill. Making random patterns is one thing, making patterns that look random on purpose?! I'm not so sure.

Looking good so far. Just remember your technique when you do the rest of the armor so it all looks even, but awesome so far!!!

Already written down! Thanks for the compliment!

• 1 month later...

Ditto Dutchy too.

My first weathering — way back when — was really similar. It looks at lot like mud or blood or something. More than sand. I loved it though. But then, the more I looked around the more I wanted to change it.

But yeah, it's looking good!!

And if you like it the it's awesome!

Here is mine... 1st one is my first go and 2nd video is how it ended up... these are 5 years ago. *whoa*

Ditto Dutchy too.

My first weathering — way back when — was really similar. It looks at lot like mud or blood or something. More than sand. I loved it though. But then, the more I looked around the more I wanted to change it.

But yeah, it's looking good!!

And if you like it the it's awesome!

Here is mine... 1st one is my first go and 2nd video is how it ended up... these are 5 years ago. *whoa*

Awesome vids Noel

Looks great man. As others have said weathering is very personal and represents you and your build. Have fun with it and if you decide to go SWAT down the road then you adjust. I did my weathering at least 20 times before I was happy