*ACTIVATED*TD-21112 / VF2112 / SWAT OFFICER # 030

Vf2112

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good.

For me it seems you have 2 main layers/styles of texture: the dark well defined, the light base layer.

I think adding a couple more layers with more texture but less solid, would make it look better more organic.

What do you think?

Saludos.

I'd give it a couple more passes with a lighter colour. Try watering down some light tan or beige acrylic and dabbing it all over with a sponge, then dab it off again with a dry sponge. Should give you a nice aged look & soften the contrast between the heavy weathering & the white armour. Maybe even mix a little sand in with your paint?

That sounds good but I'm thinking less screen accurate ,

It all appears 1 color on screen and almost black

Since there's only long shots n dark shots I think I got it pretty close to the effect that would appear but now you got me thinking

I'll take a long shot of my armour n see wat happens :)

Still awaiting final review on this so I'll leave it and see

Thanks for input James , Juan ;)

Juan I think I know wat you mean !?

There are actually about 5 layers at least a two layers of 2 shades and a darker one

Next time god willing the sun shines around I'll try get some pics of that

@ Vince - I would smooth out the edges of the weather patterns so it doesn't have that template / hand drawn appearance. Also, as mentioned by the other SWAT Officers, give a couple more light passes of different shades to give the weathering a more organic feel (per Juan).

Very nice work and your gear is finally taking shape to get to the final approval stage.

Outstanding, Mate! :td:

I tryed taking a distant shot and zooming

But did not give the affect I wanted

image_zpscd3b67eb.jpg

So added a few different layers in different colours a lighter version of the dark and a sandy color

Here is a before n after let me know way you think!?

image_zpsc9d33f0c.jpg

image_zpsbd2a4c40.jpg

Is this better or more? I was trying to be subtle with it and fill the white around main dark pattern to blend and not look so deliberate

Vince,

In my opinion, I think your chest piece looks MUCH better! It's very organic and resembles years of baked on sand and dirt. I think the ab piece could use a little more "diluting" of the dark areas and perhaps a little more layering like the chest piece.

I'm eager to see the rest of your armor as you replicate these changes!

Thanks Beren I had a little go at the ab but think your right

As the rest was approved just waiting on chest approval I wasn't game to touch anything until asked haha

Cheers brother

Texture looks better. It is not about the many colors. But it could be just one color but with different intensity.

We think that is the way they did it in ANH. One layer under everything, the brushing different patterns over it but with different intensity.

Then, shooting.

Then, retouch and then rubbing it off with use.

Again and again.

So even if it has the same technique and pattern, the amount of paint and the organic looks is different from scene to scene.

Depending on the one you choose, the look of the weathering.

I think yours looks better now.

What do you think?

And what does mike as DO think?

Saludos.

Just wanted to add that somehow, swat weathering always stands out. Don't know why, but you can see it was done in a very special way.

Different techniques but always has a special look and feel that shouts SWAT!

You are getting there.

Saludos.

Agreed Juan

As I said I didn't want to touch it but taking the advise of yourself n James n Beren etc

Has really paid off

Do I think it's better , oh god yes!!

Thanks Juan

It even feel better putting it on :)

Awesome Vince!

One of the most important developments in the SWAT program, has been the participation of other troopers in the evaluation process. At first we didn't even consider that to be part of the process, then, at some point, it became so intense that we had to divide opinions from actual evaluations. But with time, I consider that the most important part of the program, and a basic thruster for the growth of this community, is the support, help and constant evaluation (in order to help the next guy), are the endless suggestions, ideas and pointers members give to each other here.

I have never seen a comment directed to a member here made just to critic but not help. And in the same way, I have never seen a trooper that taking in consideration the ideas and comments of the rest of the community does not end feeling happier and more accomplished that before.

This is a great community, and every day we have proof of it.

The most important part of it all, is that we are happy with our armors, and that our brothers in arms are here to help us be happy being Sandtroopers!

MEPD Sandtroopers are the best, and you can point us out from other troopers in any con or event, even in pictures... not just because our awesome armors, but for our brotherhood!

Saludos

Everything I was going to say has been said already basically haha. Looking excellent Vince, I'd say you're with in sniffing distance. Just keep building up light passes, and try and get the base colour reasonably even over the whole thing. Don't want to put it all on to find your chest & ab is a totally different shade to your arms. Of course the chest patterns & other bits have to match the film, but also think your armour is meant to have been worn every single day in the searing heat of Mos Eisley. Beaten by the sand so hard you wouldn't be able to get it to shine white again even if you tried!

Juan that was beautifully said

I agree the mepd family is even more tight knit than my own garrison

Much love and respect from n to every member

And Thankyou again for everyone's input and help

James thanks I agree with all your observations

So as I think my chest ab legs match well the arms may be a little lighter but as you said were here for cannon effect so I'll leave them as is and see wat the experts have to say as they were already cleared and I was asked to just complete chest pattern to achieve status

And as Juan has stated I believe input from others than command is invaluable point in case

Those who've spent more time on specific troopers and the fact command are so busy sometimes they can miss things like ab/ cod connection :)

I finally feel , confident ! That I have achieved all requirements that will bring me to a high enough standard to join the elite SWAT status

And very proud that my armour could represent mepd and mirror the expectation and also make my brothers proud to have me join them

Feeling very humble.. And blessed

Thankyou all I hope I've made you proud

@ Vince...

Excellent mod updates!

Now that everything has been caught up and settled on the home front, I can focus on getting back to helping you get activated for SWAT Duty.

I just want to take this moment to say that you are almost there, Brother! It's been a pleasure reviewing your armor & gear and assisting with your development as a SWAT Candidate. Nice work! :td: :thumbsup:

Let's continue...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 5)

Name: Vince McGann
Legion ID #: TD-21112
Forum Name: Vf2112
Garrison: Southern Cross

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: CANTINA CAPTAIN

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses --
CHECK
b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK
c.) Number Of Teeth -- CHECK
d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK
e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK
f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK
g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK
h.) Brow -- CHECK
i.) Side Screws (Ears) -- CHECK
j.) Weathering / Details -- CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Outstanding mods, Brother! :thumbsup:

Nice job. This section is done :yes:

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Shoulder Straps -- CHECK
b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK
c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK
d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK
e.) Biceps -- CHECK
f.) Forearms -- CHECK
g.) Pauldron -- (SEE COMMENTS)
h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK
I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK
j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK
k.) Thighs -- CHECK
l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK
m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK
n.) Boots -- CHECK
o.) Gloves -- CHECK
p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK
q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK
r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK
s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK
t.) Pouches -- CHECK
u.) Weathering -- CHECK
v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Excellent progress since the last Review Update, Troop!

Looking good and I bet it feels even more awesome knowing that your armor is closing in on screen accuracy, right? :thumbsup:

-- Looks like there's only one more request...

1.) The 'Circle' detail on pauldron needs be just a little bit more smaller in size

image_zps22cb2370.jpg

origmovealong.jpg

*NOTE

** Again, just a heads up, when you have met all the mod requests, we will need to see you suited up again showing all angles so we can have a clean polished looked at your overall setup. (i.e. Straightened waist pouches, accurately positioned pack on your back. **

**PENDING**

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 3

a.) Details -- CHECK
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

**CHECKED & CLEARED**

IV.) WEAPON: E-11

a.) Details --
CHECK
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

**CHECKED & CLEARED**

**REVIEW STILL IN PROGRESS...