The belt.... REVEALED

trooperexpert

Well, time for one last reveal folks.

While at the archives doing some work for LFL this last summer I was able to find some ANH stormtrooper suits they did not know they had. I was able to see the strapping, and also the belts. Cool stuff, but paper thin. It is not the .080 AA claims was used. It is .060 and not the color AA claims it was (Surprised? Me neither.)

So I can say I can tell you 100% what the belts are as I actually touched the stupid things and the archivists agreed 100% on the material...

Drum roll.....

CANVAS

So there you have it. I cannot commnet on the interior strapping, nor can I draw you a diagram and I am sorry about that. Use this info above to assist you in making your suits even better. No, it is not leather as some beleive it to be. 100% cut and stacked and sewn canvas.

Enjoy.. (Another fine bit of information brought to you by TE.. when in doubt, toss it out. Like all the AA crap)

Matt/STE

Yeah it's a common mistake to only make half a belt like you have Mike,I've seen lots made up this way.You only have to look at the three rivet covers to see that the belt must go all the way around for the rivet to attach to something

Would you say the material was more like 'natural' than 'beige' Matt,and was ther any signs of white dye?

is the belt atached to the Ab plate?

I attach it to the ab plate with two snaps, like in this picture...

Posted Image

This way, it's accurate and you can wear it Luke and Han style while running around the death star.

Sweet! I'm using leather now but am considering moving to canvas.

1) Is there a certain weight of canvas that works better than others?

2) How does it hold up to clipping things to it, like ammo pouches?

My belt is canvas, and is 3 layers- although mine comes fully around the body and attaches to the abs belt in front- no canon, but easier. I have 2 inch nylon webbing with snaps attached to where I hang my pouches- so they can be taken off, but the webbing is hidden. Unfortunatly, I did my belt after my camera died, so no pics. I really like it though.

Thanks for the info!!!!! When I wore one of the tour suits a year ago i was wondering about this. I can't be positive but I am wondering if the tour suits were strapped like the originals? I was not allowed to take pictures of the suit unless I was wearing it, so that led me to wonder. All I can say is those things fit like a glove and I am kicking myself for not paying closer attention to how it was strapped together. Granted those suits were really beat up!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I used to make them for 15 shipped

i also made sandy shoulder straps as well for 10 shipped

Here was one of the belts i made befor i sold the suit

If your still making the belt for $15 delivered

I'll take one for a sandy.

PM me your paypal addi.

Also thanks for the help bros!

I appreciate it

Thanks bro, I would really appreciate that.

Matter of fact put me down for two

peace

I used to make them for 15 shipped

i also made sandy shoulder straps as well for 10 shipped

Here was one of the belts i made befor i sold the suit

If your still making the belt for $15 delivered

I'll take one for a sandy.

PM me your paypal addi.

Also thanks for the help bros!

I appreciate it

Sorry i missed you post i would have to order more, the last time i ordered canvas they sent me More then i knew what to do with. If anyone else was interested i could do a small run, To make life a little easyer on me I'd hate to have a crap load of canvas sitting in a box in my prop for long periods of time again