Rubberized undercoating shrunk/damaged CAP bucket..help, suggestions

Herzing66

Hello,

I have a CAP bucket and the chin under the mic tips is extremely thin on both sides. I was advised to use rubberized undercoating to solve the problem.

It only made things much worse.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or thoughts to correct my mistake.

post-5498-0-91357700-1381057134_thumb.jp

Ugh...

Darin

That's odd....I've never seen that before. I guess if it was me I would try to firm it up on the inside and then rework the front. Honestly though it might be easier to just grab a new CAP faceplate. I'm sure he'll hook you up base on the circumstances.

It seems that just like some paints attack ABS, there are some undercoatings too. Some folks in my garrison have used the cheap spray-on truck bed liner which hasn't showed a reaction with the plastic yet, but unfortunately that's not going to help your situation.

Sorry to hear about that - good luck with it.

-Rob

Guys, lets get our facts streight here. First off, I am CAP or CAP-W as you like to call me. I'm in Southern California. The kits that leave my shop are same as the kits we were getting from TE back in the early 2000's. Same material same pulls, I try to pull em in 090 where as he was pulling in 080. So the things are plenty good enough for trooping. I just trooped one again yesterday that I've been trooping since 2010. It IS a one off junker which IS why I have it for myself.

I've heard stories from around the legion of GML's calling a replica "Set For Stun" lid a Sandtrooper because it isn't shiny and clean. some of these guys don't even do trooper armor. So how can they have advice about it?

I don't care where you get your next lid Darin, I do care that while you're thrashing yours it's making my stuff look bad to anyone reading these posts. If you're wearing an AP then you have two options, get a lid pulled in gloss capped acrylic abs, or get a styrene lid painted and polished.

Guys I am available to answer questions, all you gotta do is PM me. I'm happy to help.

Scootch,

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I was thrilled with the bucket. I never said it was yours. I purchased it from another person. I really have no idea if it came from you or elsewhere. I was simply looking for a solution to a potential problem an advisor in my garrison pointed out to me.

Hello,

I have a CAP bucket and the chin under the mic tips is extremely thin on both sides. I was advised to use rubberized undercoating to solve the problem.

It only made things much worse.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or thoughts to correct my mistake.

photo 1.JPG

Ugh...

Darin

I am not sure how you misread this. I am not thrashing mine either. I took care with it and was trying to be even more careful based on what advice I was given. I never pointed fingers and I said it was my mistake.

I mentioned your name one time in the thread to thank Smally for the info and that you make them also in case he may not know. That's it. Not intending to trash your stuff or good name.

If in fact it was your bucket that I have I was very happy with it and will still be happy with it when the mistake is corrected.

Darin