SEALSniper33's NE TD Build

Sealsniper33

So after having this NE armor in a box in my room staring at me for a few months, I finally decided it was time to begin work. I only have the forearms, biceps, and calves assembled so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still have to do a little sanding on the joining strips as well as attaching the velcro to the calves and other strapping to the arm portions.

I'll have more pictures up soon. Any comments are welcomed. I'm doing this build with no help and it's my first one that I'll be doing so all the input I can get the better.

Thanks guys,

Chris

I think it's coming along great! You may find that you'll want to remove the return edges on the bottom of your shin armor...but wait till you try it on with the boots and see how it feels. Otherwise you're rockin' it!

Thats what I was thinking too. I've seen it both ways so after I try it on with the thigh armor (once its done) I'll make that call.

If it serves bro, that is correct... I also tried them with my boots as well then the thighs and cod piece to see if I could flex and move well. Last but not least I also did the testing with my Lycra under suit that way I kept track and sense of all as one.

Hope it helps ;)

Hi Christopher,

I have just had my TD approved & it is also NE. If you need any advise just PM me & I will see if I can help. I did cut the bottom of the shins/calves as I found it to restrictive around the ankles. I also did the same around the wrists on the forearms.

Andrew.

More pictures of the build today. Some are from when I first got the kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also got myself a bin yesterday.

Posted Image

Thighs are gluing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's moving along. Using E-6000 is whats taking the longest as most of you know. Just not ready to use CA glue.

This is what I actually did. I made a set of buttons and did the best I could to get them round and angled.

Posted Image

I also got the rear of my thighs glued and same for the calves.

Posted Image

Next I'm going to tackle the strapping. Hopefully I don't mess that up too bad.

I did a fit test with the lower pieces today: calves, thighs, and boots. Im going to have to cut down the thighs so that they don't hit me knees. Also the thighs looked too oblong when I put them together so I had to cut them on an angle to give me enough room at the upper end of the thighs while still looking more round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im cutting along the left edge of the tape.

Posted Image

Looked too oblong for me.

Ok so I decided to do up the other set of arms in the one color method. I can't decide now which way to go. If i ever wanted to do SWAT I believe the one color would be easier to modify if need be. I took side by sides of each to show the differences. They look more off white / sandy in person. The flash washes that detail out. Any thoughts on which to go with?

20131015_163557_zpsc3208927.jpg

20131015_163618_zpsac80d41b.jpg

20131015_163637_zpsdadfe05b.jpg

20131015_163653_zps2d4e907f.jpg

I think the ones on the left have a more sandy like complexion to them I think the ones on the right are more movie accurate. Hopefully this picture helps clear up the situation, so I rest my case with the right. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215221024/starwars/images/c/c5/Stormtrooper_Search.png

I think the ones on the left have a more sandy like complexion to them I think the ones on the right are more movie accurate. Hopefully this picture helps clear up the situation, so I rest my case with the right. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215221024/starwars/images/c/c5/Stormtrooper_Search.png

So far thats the exact response I've been getting. Just looking at so many pictures of what everyone has been doing I got a little worried I made it too dirty.

So I need to confess something to you guys... Im a fat kid. The NE armor has extra plastic on the ab and back pieces to accomodate for the extra pounds. Where should I put the rivets on the ab and back pieces and still be able to go for police officer deployment? I need all the extra plastic so that the sides won't show through.

20131017_154740_zpsc46097eb.jpg

20131017_154753_zps644cbc73.jpg

20131017_154802_zpsc93f81a8.jpg

20131017_154811_zpsc921eaf8.jpg

I did a preliminary fit test. I have all the strapping done at this point and every piece put together. I don't have the belt or thigh boxes attached yet. What my question is is how do I keep the sides together? I know the belt will help but since I need all the extra plastic on the sides its looking weird still. I also didn't have anyone around to hold the camera so sorry about the crappy focus. Also where would I attach the side rivets since I need all the extra plastic?

20131022_202637_zps5b35de6f.jpg

20131022_202727_zpsf48e0e7d.jpg

20131022_202742_zps846d8e8f.jpg

20131022_202758_zpse07a4937.jpg

And if there is anything else that looks off let me know. I'm going to start weathering all the other pieces tonight.