Question about a TD without backpack

clonecollector

I'm interested in building the Docking Bay 94 "Tuck and roll" TD... mainly because I want to build a T21 and I have the correct leather pouches. This particular trooper has no backpack but I believe you must have a backpack to get the TD designation.

My question is:

What backpack would the experts here recommend? (I've messaged Dirty Boy about a kit a while back so I'm definitely going to get his gear) When/ if I decide to go for SWAT status I would just take a pic without the backpack.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

My understanding after reading the CRLs is that you do NOT need a back pack. The back pack is optional to get approved as a TD.

However, if you wan to be a full member of the MEPD and get deployed as a MEPD TD police officer you MUST have a back pack.

If you want to get your kit approved for SWAT you only need a back pack if the trooper you are emulating had a back pack, otherwise you do not need it for SWAT.

It is possible to get approved as a 501st member with a TD kit with no back pack. This will give you full 501st member privileges but you can not have full MEPD member privileges unless you are a deployed police officer. That requires a back pack. Getting approved for SWAT does not give you full MEPD member privileges (at least that is my understanding).

However, that may be something the Command Staff may want to consider in the future but that is another conversation meant for another time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks darthgrace!

I have no problems having to build the backpack. I just want some opinions on which pack to do if there is a preference in the community and among the command staff.

I'm more interested in Police Officer status than SWAT right now anyway. I think a dirty TD looks best with a backpack anyway.

Hi! I can just fill in that you can't get to SWAT level without being deployed police officer first which means that even though the guy you are making haven't got a pack you need to get it. I'm thinking of shooting for the "Blast that ship" trooper and it's the same thing there. ;)

Hi! I can just fill in that you can't get to SWAT level without being deployed police officer first which means that even though the guy you are making haven't got a pack you need to get it. I'm thinking of shooting for the "Blast that ship" trooper and it's the same thing there. ;)

So we're in the same boat! Lol!

What pack would you consider then?