Newbie armor build

Hasty1975

Hasty Im a newbie with the armor trimming too. However in Response to your question about Boots Lands End here in the states is having a good sale on Chelsea boots that should be good for trooper boots. They are almost identical to the CRL pics except they only have one pull strip on the back and not one in the front. But they dont see those anyways since your shin armour should cover it down that far. but otherwise they are very close http://www.landsend.com/products/school-uniform-mens-fulton-chelsea-boots/id_242654 they are marked down from 159 to 94 and right now you can also get 30% additional off and free shipping. They seem to run small so most folks have bought a half size bigger than they where in dressw shoes or what not. I havent got mine yet but ordered this week. Coupon Code is GRAND PIN: 2055. Just enter that at check out and you get the 30% off plus free shipping. Means after tax boots are only about 72 dollars. thats the best deal Ive seen in awhile on real leather trooper boots.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jonathan,

Sorry you have not had more replies on your thread. It usually happens that every one chimes in and help, sometimes it is a bit slower.

Here is a little sum up for all your questions, hope it helps:

Inside Strips.

It is not really necesary, but many troopers ise them like that to give more body and support to limbs. Yes, you could use the more flexible strips inside and the more sturdy ones outside. The really important thing is the looks, so give priority to the outside ones.

Trimming biceps.

They do look fine. Actually really good job putting them together. The only thing you might want to do, is trim off a bit more on the return edge. Here is a reference from screen used armor you might find useful:

post-1761-0-22487800-1380662632_thumb.jp

Trimming arms.

The lower arms on ANH armor were trimmed like this: wrist end, no return edge, just cut off the ends.

Elbow end, no retunr edge on the inside, a bit of return on the outer part.

So, you should line up so they match on the wlbow end, and cut off the extra section on the wrist end.

Same Reference as before.

Boots.

Best source is TKboots.com but they have been havn problems with their supplier for a year or so. Mail them and you might get lucky if your shoe size is not of the common ones, but yes, it is most likely that they have run out of most sizes.

If you find other shoes from ebay or another seller, post references here before buying to avoid yourself a bad purchase.

Think that was it.

Right?

If you have any other question or need anything, just post. or PM me if you prefer.

Saludos.

Juan

Thanks Juan, I appreciate the pics above. I have other questions. What's the easiest way to fasten the backs of the shins? I've got the strips glued on the fronts, just trying to figure out how to fasten them in the back. I did have a link to a thread on whitearmor which had little holes in the shin along the back which would be hidden by the strip with elastic glued to the inside which would hook once you get it on. What's best practice?

for theback of the shins,, a lot of the guys use velcro its the easyest also the holes and hooks works aswell...and there is a differance on the legs for the finishing strips from front to rear...fronts are 20mm rears are 25 mm

Would you guys cut out the teeth or just paint the depressed areas black?

You'll want to cut the teeth out. It is movie accurate and it provides what little oxygen you'll get when wearing your bucket.

Already got them knocked out! Hey, I just found boots today. They make them to order, takes about 10 days. It's Caboots. They've done a lot of movie work, did the pirate boots for Pirate of the Caribbean, etc. http://www.caboots.zoovy.com/product/1SCSSTORM/Stormtrooper-Ankle-Boots.html They offer a bunch of boots, Biker Scout, Boba and Jango Fett, Han Solo boots, take your pick. I know you guys are looking for them. Check that out.

I have another question for you all. Is the top of the thigh supposed to end right at the top of your thigh or is it supposed to continue a little higher? I just don't want to cut too much off of my thighs. It seems like it would be about impossible to bend without it ending right in the "crease" of your thigh/lower torso.

Alright, will post some when I get everything on tonight. I have another question. The thigh ammo belt that goes on the right thigh. Does it pop rivet in the middle of the belt to the leg or is it more towards the top? The way I've got mine clamped together, it would be in the middle. There need to be a lot more reference pictures on the site. . . . I will post a picture of the belt clamped in place.