Bellows looking thing for the backpack REVEALED

trooperexpert

OK guys, here it is. I could beleive it until I found the **** thing.

It is:

Posted Image

The tupperware hamburger press and keeper.

Now, the vintage version is the one you need. Not the new one. Slightly changed it is. You need ot make sure you get the bottom and at LEAST 4 total to be correct.

Dont say I didnt love you guys!

Matt

hey matt,i seen the hamburger press a little while back when i was looking for the tupperware dessert dish for my pack,but the more i looked at screen grabs i changed my mind.i couldn;t find the extra indent on the side of each one that is from the female groove on the bottom in any screen grab.what do you think.anyone have any good screen grabs of this part. dave

I saw these on ebay back in January and they gave me pause as an ideal solution, but I honestly don't think it's the exact part. While it would certainly work, I think it's only one piece of a larger, more complicated item.

I think the bellows is molded to the spoon/scoop beside it, then attached to the end-cap and the adjacent pipe. I think this entire device is some kind of air filter for an engine of some sort. There's also the question of the details on the top of the bellows. While the prop makers could've certainly added these, we do know the Packs were quickly hurried together given the haggard look and assembly. With that said, I don't think those details were added, and are an integrated part of the whole device.

I'd be interested to hear what the guys who are making the MDK kit have to say, given their extensive research. Which, ironically, their bellows (which mimics the Marmit pack) looks just like the Hamburger press parts, with it's multiple, staggered lip details.

Ignore the yellow circle here. Examine the top of the bellows for reference.

Posted Image

I can see the top and yes it is part of the other wierd stuff, but I can see an edge where the bottom is seperate and does not 100% snug up.

What is this thing? no clue. I think they used the hamburger thingies... Makes sense since so many other parts are identified tupperware.

Just using deductive reasoning.

FYI, injection molded air cleaners did not start showing on vehciles until the 1980's.. around 1984-1986...

Matt

i think matt is right! at least i also believe the ribbed section was made of seperate parts and the tupperware parts are very close. look at this...

Posted Image

the pack isn´t the most common pack, but i think it is made of the same parts. maybe it´s just the bad quality of this picture but i think the ribbed parts don´t fit 100% together.

Hi there.

"It has allready been discussed that the Ribbed part (that people usualy use a plunger for) was actualy a "Ball Pipe Plug"."

Ouote taken from the RPF.

From what I can see from these movie stills - it looks like both. One Pack photo has the looks of the Tupperware and the other the plug.

Cheers , Niko.

i think you don´t have to make it smooth...

look at this picture of an screenused pack...

Posted Image

Also whats the thing next to the gray canester?

well, it looks to be one of two things:

An antenna mount or a coupler mount. Either way I dont think we will find the exact one. In the electrical section you can find something similar, but not exact. I am going to fabricate this from found objects.

Matt

Hi there.

"It has allready been discussed that the Ribbed part (that people usualy use a plunger for) was actualy a "Ball Pipe Plug"."

Ouote taken from the RPF.

From what I can see from these movie stills - it looks like both. One Pack photo has the looks of the Tupperware and the other the plug.

Cheers , Niko.

I think they are both fair theories, but it would be counter-productive to rule out either one completely. I think the lip part is more pronounced on the movie packs, like the tupperware, but the top is clearly domed like the pipe plug.

what about the "TUPPERWARE" logo?

the tupperware box with the logo is used on a different back pack, and placed on the right side of the pack.

There are roughly three/four different pack designs. One (the one that Brak's duplicated) uses the more rounder tupperware box. The squarer box that in most screen shots has black electrical tape cris-corssed over it, really looks like nothing more than a regular old box, quite frankly. Once you have your primary main-body pans, just size up a box out of sheet plastic.

Here's the pack Braks did...

Posted Image

and here's the one I did... both are vastly different in design.

Posted Image