Buyer Beware (From RS PRops Facebook post)

pashnak

Please keep an eye out and let the guys know if you see anything.

RS Prop Masters

Hi guys, OK, so I know its late but I need to share this as we are pretty upset and disgusted by some one using our reputation to rip people off. Beware our suits selling on eBay.

So I was informed the other day that one of our suits, allegedly built and supplied by me was being offered on ebay for £400, when I looked it had sold/ended. I have now seen another suit, located in the same area, Norwich offered under the same deal, which got me suspicious. So I checked it out. At this point in time it appears to be some kind of scam rather than a recaster, as they are using images, one of myself in armour in the first listing, maybe yo...See more

Posted Image

The bad part is that it isn't that hard to scam someone if they use the wording of please send payment as a personal payment. You cannot recoup your loss then. I have seen this a lot, even on here. Please send payments as personal. I think, this may be something we should not be allowing here, MHO. Just a safe guard. Like a case here. If someone believed it was truly RS Props, they may have been enticed into sending as a personal type payment for lower cost. Could happen. I mean I did send that type payment to them for my t shirt?????? So it could happen.

True...I guess we should really watch who we are buying from. I do all my packs as gift payments so I can keep the costs down. One of the main reasons for the FO position originally was to provide buyers with a resource to use when making large purchases

I've read this one on FB..the pic's they are using are from a build of a german member.

It's so sad that these scams still are taking place. But hey, seriously..buying an RS on Ebay that should be a big enough warning that it's a scam.