The old saga vs. the SE

Rolf

Hi bro´s of the sand :woot:

Try to see this the funny way :teehee: as its just me and most of the world at the same time... :yes:

Personal i don´t like to watch the new saga episode 1, and 2 and 3, also the special edition version of the old saga makes me sick to watch :sick:

I like the sharp blu ray version, but the problem is its only the SE version there is on marked as well :yucky:

So i only watch the original version on DVD :thumbsup:

Do any of you know, or have seen any thing about if Disney will make the original version on blu ray...

Or what about all the fans out there are like me, can we make the old original version into a blu ray our self...

i know it might be a crazy question, but i don´t know nothing about if it can be done or i take something only Disney can make come true.

One hope... a new hope :teehee:

I know exactly how you feel!

I doubt Disney will release the original as Lucas stated that he does not wish for it to be released into the public domain again. You can still get the DVDs or the pre-special edition on eBay.

The best thing I can suggest for now buddy is down load Ady wan's Star Wars revisited. Its in hi def 720p )not 1080p but still very clear and sharpe) and with Ady's editing skills, for me its the perfect version of ANH.

I know that Ady wan is soon to be finishing Empire strikes back revisited.

Seriously, give it a shot, you'll be very impressed with his changes and editing skills!

http://swrevisited.wordpress.com/

Good link.

I also have wondered this and tried to surf through force.net to figure it out, but it doesn't look promising.

As far as the DVDs unedited of the original trilogy, I don't have them and am afraid to purchase off Ebay as I'm afraid they are all the later edited version. What does the correct version look like?

The correct version has no weird troopers in it or stupid additions that supposed to make it look better. ;)

And to chime in what already has been said, the SE makes me sick too...

I just can't believe in 2013 we cannot get the freaking old version. Honestly, we haven't had it in blue ray that long and,when I saw it first with my kids, my blood pressure went, but I tried not to say Anything

Well I just don't see how Lucas cannot see how we view that movie, even with imperfections that are perceptible. What some view as imperfections really aren't, though. The movie was from a certain era, but certainly entirely enjoyable. The story transcends special effects, and CGI looks cartoonish,esp in large quantities.

It its interesting to know that Lucas wanted to do other things with the movies, but it isn't necessary to see those things realized, particularly because the aesthetic of the models, costumes and puppets clashes with the later form.

Really,I believe the story and acting come first.

That website's description is harsh of what may have really happened. George Lucas's ego and perfectionism is only a good thing to a point. This happens in my field also. Whether it is OCD,I cannot say, but it reminds me of Jimmy Johnson , Dallas Cowboys coach, and other greats in their respective fields. Their drive gets them to an admirable station, but at some point their creations degrade the product. Jimmy Johnson probably isn't the best example, but it came to mind.

Heres a few scenes from the ES version there are totally insane.... :woot:

they are so off and childish and sadly add into our beloved old saga :pinch:

Insane :sick:

Point:

This is just my point of view, i know some like the old saga and special edition versions, and some don´t :yes::no:

Personal i just hope the old saga comes in its original version on blu ray.

But i guess not, as Disney have buy the rights, and Lucas hate the original version, and claims he have destroy the original film takes :nuke:

Hugs :thumbsup:

The arguments for Lucas to budge on the issue have been exhaustive. But he still won't budge. Which only makes me thankful for living in a digital age. Conversely, the fact we do live in a digital age _an age of content choice we never had before_ makes the whole issue so frustrating and laughable in equal measure.

Copy that bro :thumbsup:

I´m just happy we got the original version on DVD, its not as sharp as the special edition on blu ray but still real nice and looks like we saw them as kid´s.

Peace out troop´s :salute:

I had a long reply here, but I guess it got lost in the void dammit.

I'm new to this whole Lucas debate. As I've said, I've been away from Star Wars since 1983 and was floored when I began reading about all of this.

Upon further reflection, I'm not sure I'm actually one of the guys who is so vociferously declaring Lucas a traitor. I've been reading theforce.net for a week now as I've been off work for a death in the family, and now I've watched a good portion of the People vs. George Lucas. I have a few thoughts.

While I do, in fact begrudge Lucas for revising the original movies, that doesn't mean I'm ready to throw him off a bridge. By the same count, I don't approve of people cursing (cussing is the term in the South) about how upset they are that Lucas ruined their childhood. Many of the men and women interviewed for The P vs Lucas sounded like they indeed need to mature a touch. I wonder if the production crew only interviewed the loudest voices and what that means for the rest of us. Is this how I sound when I talk about Star Wars?

How about showing a little grace toward Lucas and empathizing with the lofty expectations that he has set? There is no doubt that he defined a part of my childhood, but my children love the new trilogy, despite the fact that I have to explain the plot. At the same time, comic book readers, which I'm surmising that many Star Wars fans are, love intricate stories with interwoven characters, and that is what Lucas provided. Did it succeed? I don't think it did for some, but the underlying story isn't actually that bad.

Furthermore, the obsession with what people expect the new plot to be is astounding, and I doubt any of them will be correct. While I don't know for sure, I doubt Lucas ever read any Extended Universe, and I doubt he cares. I also don't think the Disney writers care about it. My opinion is that they need to focus on a great story, regardless of whether it involves all the original characters or none of them. The universe and background is a great template and one could create a movie with any number of characters and never try and have the huge galaxy-wide stories that the first six movies had. The new movie could follow a Jedi or a bounty hunter or whoever and still be great.

I'd reemphasize that Star Wars was like catching lightning in a bottle. It cannot be recreated, but that doesn't mean a great movie cannot be produced. The things I'd change are the attempts to be funny (Jar Jar Binks) and I'd use less CGI. CGI is too cartoon-like. The new trilogy, or however many movies will be shot, will need better, more energetic, yet subtle characters.

More on this later, but those are my thoughts at the moment. If this isn't supposed to be on MEPD, then I can move on, but it is my escape from tragedy right now and Star Wars is something I thoroughly enjoy. The Star Wars hobby, other than being expensive, is damned near harmless. And it isn't as expensive as getting a boat or a Harley Davidson. I digress.

Holy crap. I watched part of The People vs George Lucas last night. I had no idea what had happened and that people were as upset as i.

I have see it as well, and yeah we are a lot of people world wide there are :pinch: about how he destroy he´s own master piece :6:

The list is so long i don´t know where to start...

The mos Eisley badly made computer scene, silver roberts, Jawa´s falling off screaming childish, computer made creature going in over the road block scene so you don´t see anthony forrest stop the land speeder...

The ROTJ troops in the desert in a ANH movie whit badly made back packs etc...

Delete all Boba Fetts speakings, and add the Jango Fett speaking.

Jabba party badly computer made and so childish it hurts, destroy and delete the cool old Jabba gangster style 100%.

Luck capture by Jabba going into the sand whole pit, badly bad computer moving around arms, and mouth going nuts screaming...

Delete the the person there showed he´s face as Vader, and add the teenager Vader from the new saga... Delete Emperor ROTJ scenes whit new made Emperor scenes. Computer party in the galaxy jar jar binks party when the death star2 blow up.... the list is long... too long sadly :nuke:

http-~~-//youtu.be/K0fTuPyfvho

But back to being positive, we love George Lucas for what he have giving us in 1977, 1980, 1983 and lucky the original version are on Lacer discs and as on DVD as bonus DVD for the Special Edition on DVD.

Personal i love the original DVD version, its as we saw them way back, and the are ok sharp, not as sharp as the destroyed SE version on blu ray.

But still pretty sharp, and in some way better in the light.

The SE version are more dark and blue a like in the color vs. the original version.

Looking at dark things, like Vader costume you can see more details here and there on the original version.

Personal i love to watch the original version, and not have to think about i´m getting upset in a few seconds when there comes a badly made new scene there have nothing to do whit the old saga, but sit back, and fell the positive energy of the old saga.

Peace out brother´s :thumbsup:

For me, I love the old versions of the movie but I like some changes from the SE too, NOT all for sure :) When I watch Star Wars at home I mostly prefer the Blu Ray because the original version bonus DVD at a large front projection is like watching VHS and I dont like to watch it on TV! Star Wars is for big screen :)

For example I like the Millenium Falcon lift off at the docking bay 94, more X- Wings on the Death Star... the change of Boba´s voice was a right decision too, I dont share Sam´s argument´s with Stormtooper Voices. The Clone Wars are over in the old Saga The most Troopers are normal human soldiers,no Clone´s and Boba is Jango´s clone!

I like the ESB emperor change too, I always hatet the different face of the same person.

What I dont like are the Changes in RotJ at Jabbas Palace, the the joung Anakin, Darth´s NOOOO ...