Star Wars WSMI tour Indianapolis

trooper1

I must have posted this in the wrong place Thurs.

Well, getting ready to head to my first ever tour of the Where Science Meets Imagination Star Wars exhibit. I plan on taking ALOT of detailed pics, and getting to troop for a whole day as well. Wanting to check out all the details of the real suits, and props. Get me some new ideas!!!! LOL Will post up pics next week when we return. Have a semi long drive to Indianapolis!!!!

Well back from the visit. Pics to come. I was really disappointed though. These are supposed to be exact costumes worn for the movies, but man. Being part of the 501st, MEPD, and FISD you sure get a different view of things. The ANH TK was more of the SE version, no where close to ANH, the armor had some sort of raised edge all the way around, and the boots were a zip ups. The Vader said ANH Vader, and the helmet was an ESB or ROTJ, and the rest was very poor. The R2 unit was great as well as C3po, and the other droids. Chewie costume was great, as well as the landspeeder, and Tarful. Other items such as space ship models, and weapons were shown, but the E11, if correct, says that all of ours are wrong.

Needless too say, It was great seeing the exhibit since it the last time it will ever be on the East coast according to the museum, but I wasn't impressed. Actually a little disappointed.

No Sandtoopers at all! Bummer deal.

That was Friday! Now yesterday however, was great! Got to troop with 24 great people of the Bloodfin Garrison and they were awesome. We took lots of pics with so many people visiting on fan days. We rode the millennium falcon ride, and just an overall amazing day.

Well, for those who wonder. When it leaves Indy, it has one more stop in CA. And then it goes away forever according to the museum sources. So if you want to see it, it's gonna be that way in Oct or November.

I kind of hope they are wrong, and it's gonna go back on display, but hmmm who knows.

Ah dude, what a shame. Sorry it didn't turn out as great as you'd hoped.

Looking forward to seeing the pics though.

I use image shack or photobucket to display all my pics ;)

Oh man, had I known i would have planned a trip down there along the same time as yours! Never too many Sandies in one place!

It's an interesting exhibit. My kids absolutely love it. And as for it going away forever, since the mouse owns it now, i'm sure it will go away from 20 years in the vault and be repackaged and re released in an all new but not new at all exhibit :-)

We're excited about the exhibit coming to San Jose in October. We did some media hype back in March. The photo below appeared on Star Wars.com website. That's me in the right corner and up front. Billy Dee Williams was also on hand that day but none of us got to meet him. I'll share more when the exhibit gets here.Posted Image