A controversial topic, sell my armor and becoming inactive.

trooper1

Guys, I have a serious question for as I have seen it here.

If I suddenly decide to sell my armor for some reason.. Just to build a new set, or just to take a break, do I become inactive?

I ask because we were talking about this in the garrison and I was told that if I sell my costume for any reason, I instantly become inactive in the 501st and Garrison and dropped back to what I have access to on the boards.

Since this is what happens on the legion level, what happens on the detachment level?

Just wondering since one of my Squad members sold his costume, to build another, and we had to remove his access to certain areas.

I have thought about this myself, if I ever decided to build a different Sandy.

I can understand why the garrison has rules to keep people from getting approved an then selling their armor but there should be a 30 day or so window for you to get a new build done. if you are upgrading then it really shouldn't affect anything in the legion or detachment. Bottom line jay if you sell your gear your status here won't change. You could also keep parts of your costume and upgrade in stages....a loophole :)

Technically you would become in active according to Caridas rules.....however, when i sold my TE2 armor to replace it with ATA i just didnt retire the costume and didnt even tell anyone i did it. I had the new suit built up before anyone new any different. Since becoming a GML, I have personally left people active if i knew they were just rebuilding a suit. I mean, you have to troop once a year...so as long as you have your new suit done within a year, i see no reason to make them inactive. But again, thats me, and my garrison, Carida apparently works differently.

Rules, rules, rules...

If you are intending to leave the 501st permanently then I would say yes, but if you are just "in between armors" you should keep your active status in my opinion.

Rules, rules, rules...

If you are intending to leave the 501st permanently then I would say yes, but if you are just "in between armors" you should keep your active status in my opinion.

As Justus has said. I'm sure you'll be fine especially as your looking to build another set mate.

Agreed. As long as you troop at least one Legion sanctioned event (in armor) per year, you should be good. (Provided that you haven't told anyone that you have sold your only set of armor while building your new one.)

To keep your status active here in the MEPD, that 'new' suit (or WIP parts) would have to be TD armor, of course. lol :turned: