my new "Dirty Boy" Sonix radio kit build so far.....

sir david

a while ago ,i gave Smally my built up "Dirty Boy" Sonix radio box so he could get his new TM sandie approved for duty .....he kindly ordered me another kit from Rick so i can start my pack refurbishment ,,,,,this is how it looks so far guys ! ( i am awaiting radio strap brackets - as i sent Rick the ones from my vintage Arrow (sonix based) radio unit, to cast molds to add more awesomeness to his already awesome radio kits ! ....i made a pvc stitched pleath, added the 2 female jack sockets and also the telescopic aerial and (a first for me ) i replicated the vintage feet of the radio unit as near as i could ! .....hope you like it so far guys :)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Rick very kindly signed the box kit for me too ! - to add to the personal touch of everyone who supplied parts for my gear :)

Posted Image

aerial installed and fully expandable :)

Posted Image

the nearest thing i could find for the plastic feet on the vintage unit were plastic screw caps (painted satin black) and added black plastic caps over this ....

Posted Image

the strap brackets i sent to Rick to cast for his kits from my vintage unit :)

Posted Image

ive replicated this detailing too from the vintage Arrow unit ! :)

Posted Image

i matched the grain of the pvc as near as i could on this too ( as the vintage unit is a very thin pvc veneer over cardboard then stitched !!!!!!! )

the base and feet of the vintage unit ! :)

Posted Image

the vintage Arrow is still complete (apart from strap brackets) but being gifted this old unit by Ruggero has spurred me on to make improvements to my new unit as compared to the one i gave smally a while ago :) a few cheap,and simple mods can make the already awesome kit look more like a vintage unit :)