Opinion needed on TD CRL

TK826

Hey Everybody,

I'm looking for opinions on the "Pouches" section of the TD CRL.

The CRL shown here on the site:

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

...states, " Worn either at the hips or left shoulder..."

The CRL on the legion site says:

" There shall be two minimum : one pouch on the left shoulder and one on the right hip."

- In ANH, of the (6?) TD's at the roadblock, one of them does not wear a pouch on their shoulder (the TD with the second orange pauldron).

The other 5 do in fact have them.

- Also, the trooper who talks to Garindan does not have one on their shoulder

(also with an orange pauldron... quite possibly the same trooper as shown earlier ?)

- And... the TD with the black pauldron, who watches the Falcon leave the docking bay, is missing a pouch.

My question is...

Which CRL needs alteration?

In your opinion, are the 1-2 (possibly three) troopers, without pouches, to be considered anomalies, or is this enough legitimate reference to allow no pouches on the left shoulder?

* In the SE version, during the hunt for the droids, it appears that nearly all of the additional troops have no pouches whatsoever... (but of course there is a seperate CRL for SE).

@ Damian - Both CRLs are technically correct. This is a bit tricky, but not too big of a problem.

In simple terms, to be a Legion TD, one has to follow the basic 501st requirements for this specific build.

Then the next step is to follow the requirements for approved entry into the MEPD. In that order.

As for the examples you brought up (missing pouches and pauldrons), those are SWAT status troopers. You must first qualify as a standard MEPD Officer before attempting the SWAT level TD (Similar to the CENTURION in the FISD)

You MUST have a pack and follow the MEPD guidelines to be deployed as an officer. From there, you can select whichever screen accurate configuration for your SWAT entry.

The SE TD has only been recently added to the CRLs and info is still being put together. (More to come on that setup soon.)

I hope that helps, Brother! Hope to see you here soon! :td::thumbsup:

If I understand correctly...

In your opinion, for basic legion approval, a member's official roster image does require a pouch on their left shoulder.

Changing it up later is an option, but the first configuration must be achieved, before initial approval is granted.

(Meaning the legion CRL is correct in requiring a left shoulder pouch)

* I've always felt that a left shoulder pouch should be required, as that is the image I (and I'm sure many others) have always had in my mind when referencing the Sandtroopers.... But, the film suggests it might go either way.

There are other character/ costume aspects, within the film, that are currently considered "non-canon mistakes"

(Mr.No-Stripes for example) and, depending on one's point of view, the pouchless shoulder TD's could fall within this category.

If that is the consesus, and it is believed that a shoulder pouch should be a requirement for initial approval, I'll leave the legion CRL as is.

I agree Damian....the current legion CRL is what most people including myself view the Sandtrooper as (mainly that image is associated with the "move along" and "look sir droids" characters) so I'd say leave it as is for the designation.