Question about choice of armor for a TD

Bulldog44

Just from anyone's experience with ATA armor, is there any problem or hurdles to get that armor SWAT ready? Can't afford to buy another RS kit and want to try ATA for a TD. Any major modifications needed ?

What's the lead time on a kit? That's always a good question to begin with.

Next see if you can get a look at his sandtrooper parts.... Knee plate, Ab and Cod piece, etc.

Remember this kit is a TE based kit and there are SWAT guys in TE based kits.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Really just want to go RS but the cost is out of my range.

Just another question, what size body is ATA made for? I am 5'11 / 179 cm . Do the parts for the legs and arms run short or just the same as RS? I have long arms and legs and want to avoid too much spacing between the parts.

I had an ATA kit almost lined up but some family matters came up and now I will have to wait again until I can rebuild my armor funds. Sorry to throw this post out there only to find out I can't actually buy a kit now. Thanks for everyone's advice.

I love my ATA kit. My only complaint is that I am a little too big for it so the chest/back plates are a little small and the thighs are a little tight. But I knew I was pushing it size wise when i ordered it. Lucky for me the pouches hide the extra black at my shoulder area.

I highly recommend the kit.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds good. More specifically, did you build a sand trooper outfit with AP and you used what for your ab button strip and knee plate?

yes....ab plate i did custom and for the knee i ordered a crappy one off ebay. I now make my own knee plates

yes....ab plate i did custom and for the knee i ordered a crappy one off ebay. I now make my own knee plates

Great, I believe i am understanding.

Based on waitlists and other info, I probably will go with AP. Haven't actually decided on TK or sandtrooper. I'm just trying to get a good suit of armor currently.