Transporting armour and backback to troops

Cantina Craig

Hi. Relative newbie on here after spending past couple of months scouring the forums and over on UKG. Just placed an order with RS for my first ever armour, the mighty Sandtrooper of course!!

I remember reading early on somewhere about a certain heavy duty storage unit some guys were using to store and move their armour and backpacks in, but for the life of me I can't seem to come across the thread in the forums again. Was hoping to buy something ready for when my kit arrives in around 4 weeks time. Seem to remember it saying that it had an 80 or 100 gallon capacity or something. Looked like a big heavy duty tool box for want of a better description? Or if anybody can recommend something else I can store the complete armour, helmet and backpack in, that would be great. Many thanks :-)

Craig

I use the same type tote for all of my costumes. My TK fully fits in it, as does my bikerscout. My Fett all fits except the helmet. My sandy all fits except the backpack. I made a large canvas bag/cover like thingy for the backpack and i just wear it on my back with the cover/bag on it.

Here is the tote. Contico is the brand usually walmart sells em but im sure you can find em online:

Posted Image

Living in NYC and not having a car at the moment, this tote is just the right size to take on the subways and is also an airline regulation size tote if your going to travel with your armor as i did twice to celeberation V and VI.

There are also larger totes with bigger wheels made by Stanley that alot of folks use, but i still dont think you can get the backpack in it.

Posted Image

Im pretty sure you should be able to get both of these in the UK

I found the smaller one at Walmart for $16.00. Works great and I use a helmet bag for my bucket (Trooperbay). The next step is a ski bag for my DLT and a slip cover for my field pack.

I use the bigger Stanley as well, and made a strap system for the top, that I strap the backpack down to when transporting. I made a Velcro fleece bag that my backpack goes into.

Like the extra Velcro idea Trooper 1.

And good to know B & Q sell the smaller one over here . Good to know there are working options out there that you trooping guys are using and doing the job. Decisions, decisions ..... :-)