What is the best place to buy a Sandtrooper costume

Sandtrooper 66

Hi Fergus, welcome to the Sandpit!!!

When it comes to screen accuracy and budget a lot of factors must be taken in consideration.

As if you're looking for a RS, TM, ATA, etc armor?

Build your own Sandie or emulate a particular one?

Just don't put your eyes on FX armor or ebay.

I'd suggest to checkout the Sandie CRL.

I'm not in my computer right now will try to find the web links for suggested armourers if one of my fellow brothers doesn't suggest them first. :D

As if my memory doesn't betray my I remember such info is in the Imperial Issued Armor section or at the end of the CRL Breakdown.

Thank you sand man. I currently dont have any budget. hahaha. I was just wanting to get a few websites to check out some suits and research.

Welcome aboard brother don't feel bad I just got my kit in the mail its been almost a year of sacrificing here and there but finally purchased and paid off the AP Kit i ordered everyone here has been a huge help for me so just be patient and it will happen use the vetted sources on the page to find the armor that best suits you and go for it

1) Best place to start is with who you are and where you from. With that info the bros can point you in the right direction.

2) Next I would refrain from referring to our armor as a costume or ill blow your god **** head off with my T21 and feed the left overs to my Dewback :)

3) Make sure you have a sense of humour cause we MEPD officers play "dirty".

I am a hopefull new trooper that is a friend of Sandtrooper 66 working towards becoming sandtroopers in the mepd and 501st. We are based in scotland. I was wondering what is the easiest way the build the armour after being bought. Because all this gluing and trimming from which i hear is weeks of work fightens me slightly on what is quite an expensive thing to break aswell as all the adjustment to make it 501st worthy. Is the best way to buy it ready all done and approved if possible and if not how hard is the suit adjustments.

Cheers

Sandman Smith

Hi Fergus, welcome to the MEPD. If you do not have armour right now, is that you in the avatar? :)

The avatar pic is of Art Andrews, founder of the RPF and the Dented helmet forums. I know his armour anywhere.

Welcome along Fergus and Thomas ;)

Fergus and Thomas don't be afraid, all the contrary building up your own Sandie and knowing your'e doing one of the toughest build ups in the Empire is a self accomplished sentiment beyond words.

It also falls in how you guys are skilled when it comes in crafting, really don't worry a lot you will be doing a far better Sandie than the ones required against ANH production deadlines.

And best of all you have a whole and cool Detachment of knowledge that didn't exist in those days ;)

I agree with the Sandman...building your rig is half the fun. I've already weathered my helmet three times until I was happy with the results. These guys on here will help in any way they can to make it easier on you. As far as armor makers go...from what I've gathered RS and TM are the most accurate out there, with a lot of UK troops favoring RS. AP makes a nice kit and ATA also puts out a good product at a great price. Good luck with your builds.

Welcome to the most ridiculous amount of sand you'll ever see..swarmed with the best out there with all the help and advice that you need to bring this to a good end Fergus.

Read up as much as you can, also because a lot of questions already have been asked and aswered.

Your journey to the dirty side has begun.... :td::yes:

Gents,

I, like Fergus and Thomas, am just getting started in this world and as of yet do not have any armor. I have read that post on FISD about where to go and who to avoid maybe a dozen times now and although I cannot over state how helpful it has been thus far each time I read it I have a new question. I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit with the following inquiries.

It is obvious that there are some differences in the TK and TD armor other than the weathering, such as the smooth shoulder straps and unique knee plate. When ordering from the suppliers that are recommended do I specify that I am doing a TD build and those details will be included in the kit or is it up to the trooper to modify his/her kit from a TK?

The FSID post states that most armor is created with a 5'10" 165lb actor in mind. I am slightly larger, coming in at 6' and 210 lbs. How difficult is it to modify the armor for someone of a larger size, if it is needed at all?

I have done some research on the lids themselves and the amount of variation and detail which was at first unnoticeable is now mind boggling. Is it possible to order just a lid from one kit and just the armor from another?

Finally, when I get back home I will be living in a smaller apartment with a roommate. In order to avoid any violence we try to keep the place as clean as humanly possible for two guys in their 20's. How much room, special equipment, and mess are required for the necessary modifications to the kit armor?

I think that is all I have for now, but I am sure that there will be plenty more by the end of the day.

Cheers

-Chris

First of all Chris welcome aboard!!!!! Glad your aiming to become a dirty one. LOL

Congrats on your research, that's what's it all about, keep on doing it. As for your doubts:

1. I acquired an AM armour it came with both converting kits and came for bigger troopers, had a lot of snug fitting to do I'm 168 pounds and 1.74 mts tall. However my bucket is ATA. Had no major task there, than building it, we'll that's why we are here, right :D

2. I guess whoever you contact for your armour kit, it doesn't hurt if you state you're going for the TD path. Just so your vendor gets it right. Double checking doesn't hurt anyone. ;)

3. As for space, I use 2 big plastic containers. Take note that your marmit pack is like another box on steroids. :D

Also I have a T-21 Blaster in a box that goes as height of my chest. Take note that other big blasters will be that big too, unless you get an E-11 rebel scum blaster. :D

But at the end that will all come if your aim is a cap, sarge, or private; either your own personalized touch or emulating a particular screen Sandie. Your call.

Hope this helps Chris, and glad your here man!!!

hey guys,

basically luis has told you what you need to know! :yes:

all id like to add is this is not a quick hobby,it does take a while

to get yourself a great set of armour.

but we are all here to walk you through every step,we love pics and even

more so we love to help!

it may feel like a big task when your armour first arrives but just break it down to a piece

at a time,get stuck in and youll be there before you know it(and then youll want to do another one) :yes:

good luck to you all,and keep up the research while your waiting !

all the best guys I.T. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been look at the forums for about three hours looking for information on acquiring armor from a supplier and their is no definitive answer that I was looking for. The only thing that I have come up with is this http://www.rspropmasters.com the armor looks amazing however I also want so more to compare and see which one I like.

I would say that there are only 2 ways to go if you want the best armor:

RS or TM

RS being casted for the most from an ANH screen used armor.

TM being probably the most accurate kit out there even if a fan sculp.

Prices might be I'm the same league but higher than the rest of the kits. But hey, you get what you pay for.

There are other kits out there that you could get and be really happy. But this two are the only real ANH kits. Others are either fan sculpted off kits or TE derived.

Those are fine to of course, and could be made inyo awesome sabdtrooper srmor but you asked for the best. (Mine is TE2 for example).

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tagging along on this post. I've had FX armor for years and converted to a sandie a while back. Not exactly screen accurate. Can someone send me the supplier list where I can get screen accurate parts for my sandie?

Thanks!

JASON

TK-589

Georgia Garrison

jason@jasonhampton.net