Armour query from newbie

DACT

Hiya. Just at the painstaking research stage folks. Had an email back from troopergear stating something about a new run of NE armour. Is this stuff compliant to 501st? Not sure if this is the right place to ask so sorry if its not!

cut and pasted for your ref.

I am 6ft tall.

ALL body armor pieces NE helmet kit - This helmet kit is a very accurate face on a 3 piece helmet design for durability. Included is the hardware for assembly and custom aluminum mic tips. ABS cement ABS polish Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included). Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates

LITE Kits Include: ALL body armor pieces Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back Velcro required but not included). Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates LITE kits do NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, or Helmet kit.

MISC ARMOR INFO: ALL pieces are vac-formed from high gloss .090 ABS plastic, then trimmed and sanded, wrapped and packed for shipping. The kits do not currently come with assembly instructions as we have not had time to complete them for the new design, but you can find tons of reference material and build threads on forums.whitearmor.net

PICTURES: http://s1130.beta.photobucket.com/user/Troopergear/library/New%20High%20Gloss%20W

Hi Lee,

I personally would only recommend the top two amourers. They are: TM (Troopermaster) and RS props.

Both are at the higher end on the price list, however that's because they are the best out there.

RS have a web site: http://www.rspropmasters.com/

One of the guys owns an actual screen used suit which has been recasted and offered to the public. What you're getting is a replica of his suit.

TM is a member on here. If you'd like a price list of what he can provide, drop him a private message. Have a look at both the mepd and the fisd for pictures of his armour.

Paul is one of the original armourers and his suit is what's known as a 'fan sculpt' as all the moulds were made by him from reference. I personally would go with him for your kit ;)

Hope this helps so far mate,

Brad.

Yeah, I've just been looking at a couple of NE builds on FISD. It looks mostly ok, more accurate than FX, but not to TM or RS level.

One of the builds had some issues with the forearm parts matching up, but it's definitely 501st compliant (as long as you put it together right :thumbsup: ).

I haven't seen a completed suit yet, but the parts look good.

Your link doesn't seem to be working, BTW.

Lee is a friend of mine from work guys. Ill take him under my wing and will so him the way. I suggested that he introduce himself on here and get to know you guys. He will be a part go the ukg mepd and Britannia patrol soon ;)

hi all. I have been incredibly fortunate to source everything I need to get cleared and be trooping in the next couple of months. A very special acknowledgement to Smally for some great advice and pointing me in the right direction! there is someone else I need to thank but that will be revealed in time. thank you, look forward to meeting you all soon. Lee

hi all. I have been incredibly fortunate to source everything I need to get cleared and be trooping in the next couple of months. A very special acknowledgement to Smally for some great advice and pointing me in the right direction! there is someone else I need to thank but that will be revealed in time. thank you, look forward to meeting you all soon. Lee

No probs mate. Not long now! ;)

welcome aboard Lee ! MEPD is one of the most friendly/family based places you can possibly visit ! .....its been my second home for a few years now ! i hear you have the armour and stuff sorted which is excellent news ! and i know that Brad will get your kit looking absolutely toip notch (and up to SWAT standards too ) really quickly ! :salute: hope to meet you soon 76' ALL THE WAY Dude :duim:

Hey guys - thanks - really looking forward to all this! Feel honoured to be welcomed in this way and looking forward to that first troop. I have a great place to come for all the advice I need!

Inglorious trooper - in reply to you, I am in Clifton mate.

Cheers guys

Lee "rookie boy"