Leaving the Legion

nick.black

It is with a lot of sadness towards my MEPD brothers and sisters that I must inform you all of my decision to leave the costuming world. It has been a tough decision but it stems from problems within my Garrison coupled with the need to free the money invested in the armour and that the hobby has become way too expensive to hold my interest any longer.

I feel that I have achieved what I set out to do when I was a small boy and that was to have stormtrooper armour and I have many great memories and photos to remind me of the days.

I am still trooping one last time at Legoland Windsor in May with my boys from Britannia Patrol and that will be a great weekend.

I would like to thank everyone who has given me help and support over the years and I wish this detachment, which will remain the best in my eyes, all the luck and success in the galaxy.

Many regards

Nick Black

TD-5884

jeez buddy! ....i am gutted to hear this news ! :0( you are a great asset to the mepd , and i am so proud that i was the one that you trusted ,and came to , for advice to get your kit up to swat standards , back then. i am proud to call you brother !!!!....please re-consider bro ! it'll be a shame to see you leave us Nick :0(

god bless dude :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

You already know how I feel about this Nick. Looking forward to Lego land to see you off with an awesome troop. I will cover you with hugs and my man juice then dude ;)

Seriously, you will be missed - especially by me.

Say it isn't so!

We all know that life is unpredictable and things can come up. Take care and stay focused on the important things in your life, Brother. Life is too short for you to be unhappy.

Remember that you'll always have a place here and once you're MEPD , you're always MEPD! Hope to see you here again soon!

Take care and Godspeed! :td::salute:

hey nick,

well,i was hoping that a bit of time might change your mind but as ive already said i totally understand!

if your not happy and want to spend more time with your family,then i respect that!

it will be sad to see you leave though!!

looking forward to seeing you at legoland bro,

all the best-TD21073 :td::thumbsup:

C'mon man!!! Say you will rethink this. I know it's tough to get along with everyone in your garrison but that definitely shouldn't be part of your decision. We all come from different walks of life and sometimes people put too much stock into proving they are above the rest of us. I've seen people run out and it saddens me to see this may be happening to one of my brothers. If it's financial and family, I get it. All the best my friend...you will be missed :(

Nick,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. Please know that your contributions and input here have been VERY helpful.

Good luck getting things sorted out. When it's all settled, we'll always be here to welcome you back!

I know its expensive but we can make due, just move to the US and join my Garrison :)

We are truly going to miss you and hope you either consider or at least pop on the forums from time to time.

Nick, this just saddens me to no end because it touches on issues beyond my control and wish I could fix. As you know I regard you with the highest respect and like many here are indebted to the way you've helped us and brought ideas that kept this hobby alive and interesting - more than it already is.

I can't stop you from selling your armour now but I hope you remain ever present in the MEPD until the day you return with a whole new badass set of armour.

We'll try and carry on your infectious enthusiasm in the Bitannia Patrol.

Now. Down to a more serious note. Brad is thatening to bake you a leaving cake for Legoland. Surely that's enough reason to STAY ?!!!

Nick bro, just as you said: What you have achieved here and beyond is personal commitment.

Regardless of Garrison opinions you are who you are for what you have achieved.

Please reconsider, you definitely have a place and respect around here so please don't go.

Troop on in life and know for sure you'll always have our respect and support Sandbro Nick ;)

Guys, I really appreciate your kind words on here.

Unfortunately there will be no changing of my mind. This boils down to me becoming bored of the whole thing and losing my interest. It's not down to any personalities on here I love you guys this has been like my second home on the net for the last few years and this is a great place to come with great people, however my last troop, apart from the time spent with my MEPD/Britannia Patrol brothers, I just didnt feel the joy that I felt before, and with that gone there really is no point in keeping over £1500 invested in a load of plastic armour that otherwise would be locked in the loft. I cannot afford another set of armour and the time spent away from my family while trooping is no longer viable due to the fact that my wife works full time as well as me and she travels around alot. So it has boiled down to a few things being piled on top of each other.

Thanks again guys

Nick

It is with a lot of sadness towards my MEPD brothers and sisters that I must inform you all of my decision to leave the costuming world. It has been a tough decision but it stems from problems within my Garrison coupled with the need to free the money invested in the armour and that the hobby has become way too expensive to hold my interest any longer.

I feel that I have achieved what I set out to do when I was a small boy and that was to have stormtrooper armour and I have many great memories and photos to remind me of the days.

I am still trooping one last time at Legoland Windsor in May with my boys from Britannia Patrol and that will be a great weekend.

I would like to thank everyone who has given me help and support over the years and I wish this detachment, which will remain the best in my eyes, all the luck and success in the galaxy.

Many regards

Nick Black

TD-5884

Hi Nick... where to begin... are you sure its not a late aprils fool thing.... well i guess not.

Personal i will miss you, but at the same time i hear you and back you up and understand you.

We all grow, and sometimes we grow away from things here in life.

Personal i have got problems whit my garrison, and some members over the last 6 years or so, and not troop whit them over the last few years. Thats why you don´t see my 501st id number under my avatar pic.

I have also been there... should i leave this hobby... as i´m not close whit my 501st garrison.

Plus left alone whit a baby boy in my arms 4 years ago, and therefor forced to live a more stressful adult life.

But me, i will never leave the sandtrooper hobby, as its a part of me since my childhood and my love for them, and a dream there become true owning a screen accurate of them as my own. So i will never sell my Sandtrooper suit, but having one through life to i´m gone, no matter if there is no 501st, no mepd etc.

I guess i don´t care much for trooping any more, or having time for it as well, but more like having it on my full size doll in my home to look at as a museum kind of thing.

I still love to take it on for some nice photo shots, in a desert or sand grave, maybe make a good fan film etc.

Still like to find the all the small items here and there, and keep upgrade the suit from top to toe to its best screen accurate as possible.

I know many are not all happy for the 501st rules etc, but i also know many country´s create new costume groups, and there as some in the UK as well.

Here in small Denmark there are also a new star wars costume group on there way i have join, whit web site and all.

Are you sure you will leave the sandtrooper hobby - figure/costume/person-the whole Tattoine Mos Eisley Desert MEPD brotherhood adventure.

Life can be grey and hard out there, but to be a part of the Sandtrooper brotherhood, and dream away from real life boring stuff makes you a live here and there, and in touch whit your childhood as well... well i could go on and on,,, but better stop here.

If you sell your suit, i hope you come back some other day down the road brother.

peace out, and cheers as they say in the UK buddy.

Hugs!

Hi Nick... where to begin... are you sure its not a late aprils fool thing.... well i guess not.

Personal i will miss you, but at the same time i hear you and back you up and understand you.

We all grow, and sometimes we grow away from things here in life.

Personal i have got problems whit my garrison, and some members over the last 6 years or so, and not troop whit them over the last few years. Thats why you don´t see my 501st id number under my avatar pic.

I have also been there... should i leave this hobby... as i´m not close whit my 501st garrison.

Plus left alone whit a baby boy in my arms 4 years ago, and therefor forced to live a more stressful adult life.

But me, i will never leave the sandtrooper hobby, as its a part of me since my childhood and my love for them, and a dream there become true owning a screen accurate of them as my own. So i will never sell my Sandtrooper suit, but having one through life to i´m gone, no matter if there is no 501st, no mepd etc.

I guess i don´t care much for trooping any more, or having time for it as well, but more like having it on my full size doll in my home to look at as a museum kind of thing.

I still love to take it on for some nice photo shots, in a desert or sand grave, maybe make a good fan film etc.

Still like to find the all the small items here and there, and keep upgrade the suit from top to toe to its best screen accurate as possible.

I know many are not all happy for the 501st rules etc, but i also know many country´s create new costume groups, and there as some in the UK as well.

Here in small Denmark there are also a new star wars costume group on there way i have join, whit web site and all.

Are you sure you will leave the sandtrooper hobby - figure/costume/person-the whole Tattoine Mos Eisley Desert MEPD brotherhood adventure.

Life can be grey and hard out there, but to be a part of the Sandtrooper brotherhood, and dream away from real life boring stuff makes you a live here and there, and in touch whit your childhood as well... well i could go on and on,,, but better stop here.

If you sell your suit, i hope you come back some other day down the road brother.

peace out, and cheers as they say in the UK buddy.

Hugs!

ok,firstly i dont want to hijack nicks thread so il be quick!

but ROLF you said"i dont care for trooping much anymore"!!!

im so sad to here this as youve been soooo important to me why ive been doing my build so i must express

it is with great importance that you get to CE2 if you can so us sandys can inject some new life back into

your love for doing this hobby my brother!!!

please,please do your best to make it,otherwise i will do my best to get my **** over to you in the near future

and troop with you!

all the best mate!!!! :thumbsup:

p.s. il be waiting for my invite lol!

Thanks for your kind words bro, i value it a lot.

The strange thing is i still love trooping, but i just live in the wrong end of the world here in small ZZZzzZZZzzzZZZzz sleepy Denmark.

We are only 19 501st members, and only a few active, and only around 8 old members like me joining the 501st around 2000, there are no social brotherhood feelings among us any more, fading out.

To me trooping are 80% for having a good time whit your friends in the hobby, 20% show off your suit and have fun whit that in the public.

Now there are no brotherhood/friendship, i´m down to the 20% show off... thats why i have not been trooping for 4 years now, because i don´t have any friends in this hobby here in Denmark... i guess i have a few but mostly whit old friends there have left the 501st, one of them are starting a new costume group up here in Denmark, but its moving very ZzzZZZzzZ slow, and are only around 10 members. Plus i´m getting older, whit all most zero free time taking care of my son... too much work etc, having a hard time finding time for trooping... but when my son becomes a bit older, i might return more.

Hugs, thanks for thinking about me brother :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words bro, i value it a lot.

The strange thing is i still love trooping, but i just live in the wrong end of the world here in small ZZZzzZZZzzzZZZzz sleepy Denmark.

We are only 19 501st members, and only a few active, and only around 8 old members like me joining the 501st around 2000, there are no social brotherhood feelings among us any more, fading out.

To me trooping are 80% for having a good time whit your friends in the hobby, 20% show off your suit and have fun whit that in the public.

Now there are no brotherhood/friendship, i´m down to the 20% show off... thats why i have not been trooping for 4 years now, because i don´t have any friends in this hobby here in Denmark... i guess i have a few but mostly whit old friends there have left the 501st, one of them are starting a new costume group up here in Denmark, but its moving very ZzzZZZzzZ slow, and are only around 10 members. Plus i´m getting older, whit all most zero free time taking care of my son... too much work etc, having a hard time finding time for trooping... but when my son becomes a bit older, i might return more.

Hugs, thanks for thinking about me brother :thumbsup:

hi Rolf im very sade and personaly hirt that you feel that Way about me and the new members here in the legion, i hope that you will give us a chance to prove you ronge by rejoining us, wenn its fits your plans. We are actualy fast groving here and very social ex. (Xmas dinner) im konfident that you will love it.

You friend and brother in arms

TD-10252

Not you bro, you are my friend and since day one.

I said i still have a few friends in the nordic garrison, but have fade out whit the old members over the years.

But you know the long sad history of our garrison, and who have been the key person to why i´m not trooping whit the garrison any more.

But thats another sad story, back to Nick´s sad story by leaving us.

Hugs from here bro from TD-252 to TD-10252 :thumbsup: