Cutaway Backpack

nick.black

Something I have been thinking about doing for a while now, and Dave Marsden recently told me that the RPF have offered to display some stuff at the National Space Centre Star Wars weekend in September has spurred me towards maybe trying to make it a reality.

What I want to do is make a cutaway backpack that can be mounted onto a back board and shows what the "Real" backpack might actually do. I would also put some labels on it and have a legend on the side with information about what it does. Was thinking to maybe try and either battery or mains power it also with lights and sounds.

I will be doing this myself, but if anyone wants to help out please feel free to do so. My thoughts at the moment are to make a quarter size version as well to go alongside it fully finished.

SO if anyone has any backpack parts that they could do without (especially UK Guys) please give me a shout as I will need to gather some bits together for it. I'll also be using foam, styrene and electrical components to create the "guts" as well from all sorts of things I can find lying around.

This is gonna be fun and I hope I can get it done before Sept.

Nick

I've got a load of miscellaneous "bits". just stuff I've held on to as it looks like it might come in handy for some future project - lots of metal rods and fixings, fans, walkman parts, printer parts, all sorts of stuff. Literally a box full. if you need greeblies, I have plenty.

Awesome Simon. I might approach you for that at some point. I'm basically just gonna shove whatever I think would look good into the bits. I want to make it look accurate but be cutaway in major parts. It should be fun.

Nick

Frame isnt a problem, neither is the siphon or the mortar tube (as I can get these from B&Q.)

I can get styrene for the radio and tool box no problem.

I can also get the bottles and think I have a source for the bowls/cups/dishes/mushroom caps too.

End Caps and TD panel would be one that I would have to spend out on, as well as the seed trays, but I am going to try and do the seed trays from cat litter trays or similar to reduce the costs, unless someone has got some spare. I might try and tap up Nathan for some freebies.

Thanks for all the kind offers guys its really appreciated, lets hope that this comes to light and we get a cool prop for our troops.

Next all we need is a DEWBACK.

Nick