Mortar Tube Weathering

pashnak

Been looking around trying to work out the best way to attach the mortar tube and have noticed that it doesnt seem that anyone weathers the white parts of the tube (control panel, caps & dish) .

Should these be left clean or weatherd ?

You can scuff them up a little but for the most part they remain "cleaner looking".

I attached my mortar tube by drilling holes through the pipe and boxes and inserting a long screw from the box to the pipe. Then I threaded a nut from inside the pipe and tightened it all up.

Hi Steve, I did the same as Mike but I used a wingnut on each bolt so I can remove it if needed.

I also weathered mine a little using raw umber the same as my armour, heres a couple of pics :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this helps mate :thumbsup:

Steven,

If you look at my SWAT thread you will see a section dealing with the placement of the dish and how low. It is for the road block Captain's pack. Also, in the backpack posts, Crashman talks about how to mount it. It isn't straight along the frame, it is offset at the bottom. I also weathered my caps, pad and dish. As well as the tube itself. Hope that helps. Good luck brother.