RBC/Anthony Forrest replica

Smally

You had me at "Hi Troops.."

:yes:

Seriously fantastic build as has been echoed above. I read this thread and looked at your awesome pictures _while slowly rubbing my nuts ....and bolts ( I was going over my pack) and I realised I really need to look over my entire armour and upgrade !

:lol: I always look forward to your comments, Joe. xxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to eat my sandie if you don't get a armourer position now Smally!

I agree with Joe! I need to upgrade a few things before the big troop

I would definately like help with the neat rom installation.

I think mine need's the correct diluted umber on the chest and maybe abit of a light spray on the lid

I'm going to eat my sandie if you don't get a armourer position now Smally!

I agree with Joe! I need to upgrade a few things before the big troop

I would definately like help with the neat rom installation.

I think mine need's the correct diluted umber on the chest and maybe abit of a light spray on the lid

Thanks Dave.

No probs with helping you with the Rom build. Ill give you a list of the parts then feel free to bring it all round and we'll install it. Although, I bet you'll be able to sort it yourself once you start looking at it all ;)

Cheers Smally

I've found the abs boxes online but doesn't tell you the dimensions, if I had your measurements I could order 1 off eBay

Slim line rocker switches are 99p from maplins I'm guessing that's the 1 you used

Yeah we'll nip round once I get the parts and your new pauldron ;)

you can talk me through the rom build

Cheers!

WWwwuuhhaa bro, now thats something.

Freaking cool!!! sandtrooper armor you have build there all the way from top to toe.

Congrats and enjoy your new monster :thumbsup:

Yes...that's definitely one of the best sandtrooper costume out there....really great work. I emphasize it gladly again :D

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a long road, but worth it. I'm really happy with it :)

Ill get some pics up of the strapping as soon as a get a few spare minutes. Work is killing me recently!

Ive been receiveing a number of PM's from members asking how I did my strapping for the main armour as well as the shoulder pouch.

Ive taken some pics to show how I did mine, but unforunately they are from my phone so theyre not the best.

Shoulder Pouch

This is very simple to do. Use a length of strap to go around the top of the backpack frame and through the loops on the rear of your pouch. Once youre happy with the length, cut the strapping and either make a clip or simply tape the ends together. Its very secure and will not come undone.

Once youre kitted up, put on your back pack and simply flap the shoulder pouch over your shoulder.

Posted Image

Armour strapping

I got some spare ABS and cut out 2 small square tabs. I fixed a male press stud through the tabs and then glued them into position on back armour:

Posted Image

I then measured and cut 2 lengths of strapping, enough to go from the back piece and over my shoulders. At one end I fixed in the 2 female ends to the press studs and clipped them together:

Posted Image

For the front of the armour I got 2 plastic snap clips and some idustrial strength velcro. I attached the clips to the other end of the straps and thread through the self adhesive loop velcro. I cut out 2 larger pieces of the hook velcro and stuck these to the inside of my armour. The reason for using velcro at the front is to help with getting the fitment just right:

Posted Image

All very simple, yet very effective.

Cheers,

Smally.

• 3 months later...