Questions about becoming a Trooper..

Mr.Sandman

I've been looking around the forum for a while now..I have been reading what i could find,but a lot of it still seems confusing to me..I mainly would like to ask is this..After looking at the ( Imperial Issued Armor ) and i noticed all the Troopers have a pack ,but one Captain..I'm going to be on a budget when i do mine,so my question is, can i be who ever i want, just minus the pack Or just the Docking Bay Captain 94 V2? Maybe i can get one in the future unless i find a deal one a used set up of course..

Hi, Bob!

Although there are indeed a couple of TDs that do not have packs, (Stop That Ship / Pauldronless TD...)

the MAIN requirement for MEPD is that a TD must have a pack to qualify for Officer status.

We all know that there is a financial issue with a great number of our members and officers, but there are rules in place.

The standard 501st Legion rules are a bit more flexible and that can be an option for you as well, if you choose to be a TD without a pack.

Having a pack in the MEPD shows a level of commitment in achieving the overall look of the recognizable ANH Trooper.

For example, MEPD requirements state that the helmet must have 4 teeth on each side, but If I choose to be the Cantina Captain (which has 3 teeth) for SWAT Status later, I know and understand that I have to:

a.) Make the necessary mods to replicate that detail

or

b.) obtain another helmet

A budget can make this hobby VERY frustrating and we have all hit obstacles at one time or another here at the Precinct. But, there were rules put in place long before many of us were here and we all have to abide by them. I was a 501st Standard TD for a while before I was able to secure a pack for my own MEPD application.

It'll be worth the wait, my friend. Trust me.

We (the detachment) aren't going anywhere and we will look forward to when you finally join our ranks officially!

Good luck! :td::thumbsup:

Bob,

You'll need to check with your local Garrison Membership Officer about whether you'll need a pack mate. I know in my garrison, even though the pack is not a requirement as per the legion crl for Sandtroopers, they require you to have one to troop with them, and like Mike has said above the MEPD require you to have a pack to be cleared as a Police Officer. A decent pack is not hard or expensive to make though so don't give up on the idea. Just keep trawling the forums for the tips and tutorials and parts that are available. I really enjoyed building my pack.

Nick