Fan Made Armor from 77

SMOKE

Posted Image

I took this picture at The Science Fiction Horror and Fantasy Convention at the Marriot hotel in LA back in September 1977. I was in second grade and this is what started my obsession with white armor. Considering the time these guys looked great. I found this in a Star Wars Scrapbook I made when I was a kid. I just thought I would share it with you guys.

wow these are freaking cool thinking of they are 1977 fan made, they all most looks like they was vacum pulled from molds, all most too good to be fan made as they are also a like etc...

Maybe TrooperMaster know the story behind them as her trooper knowledge seems to have no ends and bounds.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

That is definitely an AWESOME picture!!

And their armors look quiet good. Actually, I think the chestplate is way better than the FX. Or at least they look so in the picture.

It is really cool how they have a T21... one would thing that bfg would not be too popular considering it only appeared in a couple shots in the whole movie.

Great picture, a treasure no doubt!

Saludos.

They are actually pretty awesome when you think that they didnt have anywhere near the tools that we have for maufacturing and reference images etc.

Really good

Nick

I think so...when you look at the fx crap.....then looks this fanmade stuff really good. Thanks for sharing, Mark.

Great pic. man. So thats what got you started heh? Hey the guy on the right, does he have a black knee triangle or is it a shadow? But the armor looks cool anyway.

Thats actually the undersuit..the knee plate is to the left of that :D

This is really awesome...looks amazing concidering the lack of reference and tools back then. Excellent!

Wow I was like 9 at the time. I remember these guy's were moving fast. I had to chase them. This is the only picture I got. Somewhere I have another picture of a Jawa. I will dig into a couple of boxes and see what I can find. So cool you guy's dig it.

Who would not dig it,,,,,my wife for Christmas did all the resurch and got me the original star wars kenner action figures,,and she knows nothing about star wars...it was cool to see my kids playing with the same stuff i did back then......for 5 minutes then back to there 3DS......real cool pic. Find the jawa one