Mon Cal TK armor

RETNUHHA

Hey guys, im looking to get some armor for my GF, she wants a TD :)

although i would love to get an RS or TM set , its just not possible right now.

my question is has anyone seen or know anything about Mon Cals TK/TD armor?

I have an AP set right now and ATA ( which is my SWAT, build in progress atm), would like to get some different armor this time.

Thanks in advance.

Daryl got one of Moncals flight suits, "super accurate" and showed me a photo Saturday. It wasn't that impressive, maybe accurate means a "mess"? I don't know heh.

Thought you were giving her your old armor or something?

I would check with TE2 to see if he would pull anymore. I know he stopped after one amongst us recast his armor, but it would be worth the time to ask?

I ask him for about a month ago if he still pulls the TE2 suits, but no reply so far.

Troop on :thumbsup:

I ask him for about a month ago if he still pulls the TE2 suits, but no reply so far.

Troop on :thumbsup:

Oh Man! T! Come on brother! Lol

Well, hmm I don't know anything about mon cal either, so can't help. I to have a set of AP and you can't go wrong their either.

Thanks guys, for those who dont know who MC is, here's his website www.farawaycreations.com

John i sent MTK an email will see what happens.

Matt ya im letting her use my AP to get 501 st and MEPD approved but shes already talking about going for SWAT lol. so gona need a new set of armor for her swat build, then im turning my AP into my death trooper :)

too bad on the TE2 :(

Hey Rob,

How are you bro...

Well, it feels weird that I had never heard anything about this maker. Doesn't mean anything, just that I have never heard about them.

The one thing I would consider before going for a set of armor over another, once you know they are serious vendors, is the accuracy.

So, this is what I think. For me there are only 3 kinds of armor I would go for: second generation casts from original armor (as RS), TE lineage (as TE, TE2, ATA, AP, etc... and even MTK now), and accurate original sculpts (TM the only real option IMHO). There might be other options out there and I dont want to disregard them. But chances are that if the maker is not within this list, some parts or the whole thing, wont be too accurate. Specially the lid.

So here is the main argument...

Making a Stormtrooper lid look all the way it should be, is absolutely not an easy job. So, probably if it is not a cast or recast from original armor as RS or the JoeR bucket (ROTJ), the TE lineage or, on the other hand, a fan sculpt with hundreds or thousands hours put into it (talking about TM), it wont be too accurate.

So, I can relate to not wanting to wait for 6 months to get the armor, and of course, economy is not an easy issue nowadays, but exploring new makers is something to be taken very carefully.

But that is me.

I am sure there are lots of troopers with other ideas and considerations for choosing armor.

And I am not trying to dis Mon Cal armor, just expressing some ideas.

:)

Just my two cents...

Saludos

Mon Cal has some of the best non TK armor and helmets out there in my opinion and is well known in most of the other 501st detachments (e.g. BikerScout.net, Armored Calvary Detachment, Jolly Rogers Squadron Forum, Blizzard Force.net, etc). As for the "MC" TK armor, my understanding is that the TK armor and helmet kit are made at MC's shop (Far Away Creation). Tray on the FISD is working as a partner with MC to make runs of the TK armor for folks, so he really sells the TK armor/helmet kits, which are known as T/MC on the FISD. Someone in my Garrison recently purchased and is currently building a T/MC kit, but I haven't personally seen the armor so I can't really give any reviews of it. One thing is if the faceplate is the same as MC's Tie Fighter Pilot and AT-AT driver face plate, it is pretty soft and the details are not as sharp as other TK/TD faceplates that I've seen.

Thanks Juan,

im found of the AP did about 6 months of research before i got my first set of armor, i like the ATA its sharp and accurate the only thing i dont like with ATA is the right forearm, its rather big IMO but for the price you cant really complain. RS and TM are the best IMO but really expensive, when the funds are there i will be getting a set someday.

with price being a factor i dont want to lose the accuracy or durability of the armor. although i would like to try a different marker this time. i may just have to go with ATA again.

Mon Cal has some of the best non TK armor and helmets out there in my opinion and is well known in most of the other 501st detachments (e.g. BikerScout.net, Armored Calvary Detachment, Jolly Rogers Squadron Forum, Blizzard Force.net, etc). As for the "MC" TK armor, my understanding is that the TK armor and helmet kit are made at MC's shop (Far Away Creation). Tray on the FISD is working as a partner with MC to make runs of the TK armor for folks, so he really sells the TK armor/helmet kits, which are known as T/MC on the FISD. Someone in my Garrison recently purchased and is currently building a T/MC kit, but I haven't personally seen the armor so I can't really give any reviews of it. One thing is if the faceplate is the same as MC's Tie Fighter Pilot and AT-AT driver face plate, it is pretty soft and the details are not as sharp as other TK/TD faceplates that I've seen.

he does great work, i have one of his TB sets, its awesome!!ive been looking a pics and ya the helmet looks soft and the box on the ab looks really flat, thanks for the heads up i ll check it out but i want to see more pics before i make a decision.