single or individual lenses????

njfalconer

I have to take the opposite stance. A single strip of green tinted acetate is the way to go in my opion. It is cheap, easy to install and replace, SCREEN ACCURATE, and since it isn't glued all the way aound each eye hole, some air can get through which helps with fogging.

I have to take the opposite stance. A single strip of green tinted acetate is the way to go in my opion. It is cheap, easy to install and replace, SCREEN ACCURATE, and since it isn't glued all the way aound each eye hole, some air can get through which helps with fogging.

Where exactly is the best place to glue if done this way? I'm also debating on individual vs. single lense setup. Any how-to pics? Thanks.

i also prefer the one sheet version. as you are going for screenaccuracy this is the way to go.

it seems that the real screen used material was kinda green acetate which was used to get coloured lights.

in front of lights like:

Posted Image

Where exactly is the best place to glue if done this way? I'm also debating on individual vs. single lense setup. Any how-to pics? Thanks.

On the real helmets, from what I can see, they simply screwed the acetate in via the screws at the ears but for simplicity sake, I simply taped either side to the inside of my helmet and that worked great. Since the acetate is about as thin as a sheet of paper, it conforms to the lens area very easily and the tape is MORE than enough to hold it solidly in place.

i did both of it!

i attached it with the ear screws because that is also my opinion of screenaccuracy and added some doublesided tape to both sides of the eyeholes and also in the middle between the eyes... just some very small lines will do to get the acetate a little closer to the helmet.

there is still enough space to get some air through. i don´t think that makes a lot of difference wether you tape it or not but there is a massive differnce to glueing them completly!

Very good ideas and points....Thank you all. I kinda like the clean look of the actual cut lenses but also see you point as far as screen accuracy. hmm so may ideas........

Screen accuracy means alot to me on the outside of my costume but Im not too firm as far as the inside goes. For example I am for sure going to mount fans on the inside of my bucket.....It gets hot in the summer in CA. lol

Brian

I guess to me I really can't see any real advantage to hard lenses expect that people have been using them a long time and many are resistant to change. The acetate approach, in my opinion is easier, cheaper, quicker and more screen accurate. I can't think of one really good reason to use a hard lens... but that is just me.