Trooping in Las Vegas at Town Square

SAND DEVIL

Just got to go trooping with fellow brother TD-4636 (Smoke) on Las Vegas Blvd. Thanks brother, I needed that. He is always in character and professional. I was confused by the Fiat they had on display and told him it was too small for a transport, but the kid train driving around might work better. The best was the Mac Store and standing in-front of the iPhone 5 window. Several people walking by wanted to know "Are those the Droids you are looking for"? Nope, not them. Also my son's first time helping us wrangle. Poor kid was as tired as me. But he did a great job keeping me from running into things and trooping over kids that wanted pics.

Mark at the Mac store looking for droids......NOT here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These new coms are cool, but look fishy......

Posted Image

Strange that this prison didn't go anywhere...Just locked in the wall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loved the light on the ground...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

@ Rick, no rubin for luck, but the looks were cool. They either get it and love it or walk on the other side of the street.

@ Brian, Thanks our wranglers took them with cell phones. Took some Photoshop to get light enough to post.

@ Jay, PO PO drove by and waved, security and management knew we were there. And since our Garrison really isn't doing any troops, we just went on a 'walk about' and made a bunch of kid's day. And yes, lots of pictures.

@ Brad, sorry the pics are back. I changed my Photobucket around and they fell out. Live and learn.

@ Michael, yes it is strange to be in Las Vegas. You get more people on the street and people who have been drinking a little tooooooo much. Have to have good wranglers, and we do. This trip was mellow due to the location. Very high end shops and more family activity. We also have to compete with non 501st and poor costumes from entertainers who take money for pictures. We had one lady I had to insist not pay us for pictures. She thought she had to.....Move along lady, move along.

I was with my wife in Vegas this past September for business and just happened to have my TD gear in the car (wanted to show the gear to my cousins who live locally). I almost spontaneously trooped the Comic Expo on the 29th as a rep for the So Cal Garrison. But unfortunately, the schedule didn't permit. So, maybe next year! Maybe even meet up with you guys (and your unit) and run a patrol together. Great solo mission, guys! :td::thumbsup: