A Sandtroopers Guide To The Imperial Galaxy

DirtyBoy

Hey troopers....so I've been kicking around this idea for a while and would like to recruit your help in putting it together. After all, we are a family and this is a detachment for us :)

So here it is.

I would like to see a printed reference guide for all those who are interested in becoming sand troopers or who already are but want something cool to display on their bookshelf.

The guide would be filled with all the reference pictures we can find and how they fit into our builds. detailed pictures with a step by step diagram on armor assembly by a veteran builder. some badic information on vac forming and how armor is pulled. A breakdown of each Sandtrooper and specifics on that trooper and how to replicate what's seen on screen. Original pictures of Blasters and modifications to reach prop replication. There would be a section specifically on strapping systems, Etc...etc....

I know a lot of this information can be found on our site but most of us don't have a computer in our shops and how much easier would it be to grab your guide when helping a new trooper out in their shop.

Now I know this will be a major undertaking and with the Internet it might be easier to just "google" something. I personally think we can take it back to the 70's and put together something amazing.

Thoughts?

I have merged both threads and move them into the Barracks section of the forum, since it is still no official announcement, just an idea to start a project.

Rick, if you feel like keeping it a bit more official at the Announcements section, just move it back! Ill follow you boss!

:)

Saludos.

BTW, this is an awesome idea. I have thousands of references to make this book work!

I have merged both threads and move them into the Barracks section of the forum, since it is still no official announcement, just an idea to start a project.

Rick, if you feel like keeping it a bit more official at the Announcements section, just move it back! Ill follow you boss!

:)

Saludos.

BTW, this is an awesome idea. I have thousands of references to make this book work!

Thanks Juan...I was going to merge once I got to a computer:)

just a thought...the different types or makers of the armor so someone can compair the armors side by side......or even just like a MEPD welcome book with TD info about the area and all the star wars people on the planet... make it look all dirty on the cover.. topics like how to kill a jawa or gutting a banta

Maybe we can get a foreword from Anthony Forrest ? :-)

Great idea Joe! THIS is a must! maybe even see if he'll autograph a certain number?

Two things I personally think are a MUST for this project:

1) Speak with Paul about some forming shots and some input on how it's done - we should ask him while cramming cookies and cakes down his mouth :0Lighten:

2) Speak with Anthony Forrest about the foreword - again, use the tried and tested cookies and cake method! :yes:

Guys,

This is a great idea. I think that the more shared reference there is in this hobby the better. I do have a few small points and questions.

Firstly the bad bits.

1. We'd need to find out where we would stand as far as publishing something like this because of copyright infringement. If we charge money for it and it has full colour stills from the films in we may be in trouble. I am hoping that anything we do could come under the normal 501st licenses and be produced purely not for profit and this is how we could get away with it.

2. Would we produce a hardback glossy full colour book, or a print it yourself .pdf?

3. Talk about armour makers may leave some people in trouble with Lucas? No?

Now my own ideas.

1. I think I would like to see a full colour glossy hardback. Us guys in the photoshop team, can come up with some amazing design layouts for the pages once we know what we want to do.

2. I think a definitive SWAT reference guide is needed. Runnng along the lines of Terry and Rolfs diagrams I think we should have a pauldron by pauldron, pouch by pouch, pack by pack guide on how to emulate all the different SWAT troopers.

3. Some quality studio shoots of different troopers to show case the great work of MEPD troopers is a must. Maybe we can use some gathered donation funds for this.

4. Speaking of donation funds I think that if we are going to do this it is going to need some moola up front and so I suggest a fund raising campaign be run in order to gather donations from MEPD troopers to fund the production of this book. All those who donate would be mentioned in the book.

5. A section in the book should be used to showcase all the current MEPD troopers at the time of the publishing. I'm talking like a gallery at the back or something.

6. A forward by Anthony Forrest is a must also.

7. Perhaps if its done in time the idea of the large assault photo that Luis was going to do could be put in there too as a centre page spread or something.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Awesome idea

Nick