*ACTIVATED* TD-10072 / SAND DEVIL / SWAT OFFICER #018

SAND DEVIL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan, you are killing me brother. I have to make #18, it will make me legal...LOL. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I am sorry bro...

Life got in the way. LOL!!!

I can only second what Mike and Rick already said.

You have done a great job bro...

I do have a consideration for you, but that wont affect your clearance.

Your weathering looks a bit on the less side, it does mimics the pattern and is good to go, but with natural wear and use it might start to fall off, making the pattern less defined. So, a good layer of clear coating to seal it up would be very useful.

That is just an idea, nothing to do with the SWAT process...

;)

So... having say that. I say you are good to go.

Congrats on a great build bro.

Saludos.

MEPD SWAT OFFICER APPLICATION : ** APPROVED: 2/13/2013 **

Ben, on behalf of the MEPD Commanding Officer and Executive Officer, It is my honor to officially activate you as the third SWAT Officer of 2013! :thumbsup:

Your hard work and your attention to detail on your build has been carefully evaluated and inspected. You have met all the requirements to place you among the MEPD's FInest.

Thank you again for your patience throughout this process, Trooper!

Please submit a pic that you would like to use for your SWAT Profile to either Nick or Luis to help get you properly processed onto the SPECIAL WEAPONS and TACTICS Unit Members Page.

Congratulations on successfully taking the next step as a proud member of the SANDTROOPER ELITE.

Please gather your gear, charge your weapon and report to the 'Ready Room' to await further orders.

Welcome aboard, SWAT OFFICER # 018... :td: :salute:

** Thanks again for showing extreme patience and for your commitment and cooperation through this entire process! **

~SCRIBBLER / TD-6985 / MEPD DEPLOYMENT OFFICER

Name: Ben Anders

Legion ID #: TD-10072

Forum Name: SAND DEVIL

Garrison: Neon City Garrison

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: ROADBLOCK CAPTAIN / "MOVE ALONG" TROOPER

I.) HELMET:

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 3 ("MOVE ALONG")

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

IV.) WEAPON: E-11

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

CHECKED AND CLEARED

Thank you all! I appreciate the kind words. I can't even express how awesome this is. Just texted my son, who is in school and my biggest fan, and told him. Not sure who is more ecstatic, him or me.

@Mike, THANK YOU! You have spent so much personal time on this and your shared words of wisdom. I appreciate all the feedback and ideas. You also kept me going and wouldn't let me stop. You also did such a great job slowing me down and being an honest true friend. I truly appreciate you being the one to help me look at things different and encourage me at the same time. You are my rock brother. - Mahalo Nui Loa

@Rick, Thank you for all your leadership and keeping me calm sir. You have a terrific way of just putting me in my place and slowing things down, as they needed to be. I still love your question and keep pondering it today: "Do you feel you are 100% ready?" Simple question, but makes me think. I truly appreciate your leadership in the group and your help.

@ Juan, no worries sir. I know real life gets in the way of our passion. While patience has never been a virtue of mine, this request has taught me to embrace it, in a good way. Taking time to sit back down and re-look at things I built. What needed to be changed? I really had to stop and listen to the command staff and the experts. You have no idea how important your approval was for me. I have always looked at your posts and SWAT build as a guide and what I tried to achieve. It's humbling to know it didn't come close to yours. Your dedication and attention to detail was just awesome. Thank you again sir.

Thank you again to everyone for their support and ideas. I would do it all over agin, but with a different outlook and expectation. I knew the SWAT review would be hard. Kind of like an IRS audit. If I could do it all over or suggest anything for someone thinking of doing it: I would have been much more patient. I would have not made changes until Command or the DO confirmed it first. I would have posted on the Hurt Locker first. I say this because I realize if I had answered Rick's question honestly the first time, it would have been 'NO'. I would have gotten some feedback first. Don't get me wrong, I loved the journey and support. But I could have saved myself (and others) a lot of frustration and time.

I guess what I am trying to say is; just don't make the same mistakes I did. Some felt I was too new to appreciate or understand protocol. They were 100% right.

Introduce yourself, read the posts, learn, ask questions from the experts, learn, get your 501st TD done, get your ID, learn, read more posts, fix your TD mistakes, ask the experts, get deployed, read some more posts, learn, fix your TD for SWAT, ask the experts, learn some more, post in the Hurt Locker, get beat up, learn some more, fix your TD, ask the experts, Post for SWAT, be patient and HOLD ON. It's still going to be a bumpy ride.

Sometimes you need a Yoda to put you in your place. Mike, you are my Yoda.

I am humbled to be in the presence of so many great hobby enthusiasts and builders, and most are not SWAT yet (if they even decide to take that journey). I got here because of the experts who posted ideas and how to. I feel like I owe it to the group, feels like a community build. I can't appreciate the people in this group enough. Thank you.

Thank you team again.

@ Daniel, we did it brother! 66ers all the way!

@ Luis, thank you sir. I will send my SWAT picture to you soon. I know you always do them justice. Thank you for all the support.

@ Vince, finally legal (#18), lol. Well worth it.