*ACTIVATED* TD-10072 / SAND DEVIL / SWAT OFFICER #018

SAND DEVIL

Well, Phase 1 complete, now I just wait to dry before I can start sanding and shapping the bondo to blend in. Like a kid at Christmas, come on rainbow wheel (that's a Mac computer joke for anyone who doesn't know). I don't think anybody can doubt my resolve now...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Pete, THANK YOU! Made my day. And the system obviously did edit poor Santa. Sad, just sad.

@ Anthony, no YOU rock my fellow SWAT wannabe brother. No really, you do....

@ Jay, We good on the pauldron now sir? Need to make sure that little tidbit is done, so I can focus on the BIG ISSUE. I should have purchased yours in the beginning and not paid 3Xs the amount to fix this one. Live and learn troops (take my advice and just stick to Jay's).

I am going to bed...Update tomorrow. I think I am getting high from bondo fumes.

2cm strips done. Sanding and paint done. Now just re-weather. Maybe completed pictures and some nice action shots tomorrow??? I hate watching paint dry boring... I have to admit this was a great mod. They look awesome. But that is just my opinion. We will see what you guys think. Same bat channel kids. Stay tuned.

OK, here are the corrected legs and bucket as well as an overall of equipment. Off to my local garrison meeting and to get some action shots and profiles for the MEPD. I await Juan now...Thank you for all the support and ideas. I really think the legs turned out much better with the 2cm strips (Thank you for the push Jay, you were right).

Awesome job Ben and thanx for the tips bro. Great pictures by the way. I had a friend who does this as a hobby and i think she takes some great pics. i would love it if she took them for our garrison. Best of wishes my friend..... :thumbsup::yes:

Ben, some things I see you can do to make some things fit better, not important to this, just to help later. I notice the Pauldron is stretched pretty tight around your bicep. Take and add an elastic extension to the under side to help it relax a bit. So it doesn't appear like its going to pop!

Now, as for the pics, ?? They look great, but they do your armor an injustice by making it look to clean! White!!!! Lol

To much artificial light for a Sandy DIRTY look! Lol Just saying!!! Lol

Have her take pics outside in natural light.. Will make a better pic for a card!!

See you in the barracks soon enough my friend!

Jay,

Thanks for the idea about the pauldron. I have plenty of velcro on it and could loosen it up. I have a short neck and have trouble seeing through the bucket. I was trying to keep the pauldron and armor low. Sometimes I can only see through the teeth! I will also have her do the pictures in the sun. I agree about looking too clean in those photos. I think the close ups in earlier pages shows it is dirty, but want my trading cards and profile to look good. Will take the suggestion sir. Thank you.

Good.. ?? As for sitting to high? Well the only way to fix that a bit, is with longer neck straps. As long as Pauldron lays flat now, changing the width will allow it to come away from your helmet more.

Send me a PM sometime, we can discuss what I am speaking about.