Fundraiser for a special gift, for a special person.

SethB6025

Gang, I am posting to announce a very special gift for a very special person. Now, I want the gift to be a surprise, and the recipient to remain anonymous in public. (feel free to PM me to find out what the thing is & who it's for, but DO NOT repost the info, or you will blow the surprise!) Here's the catch; we have to raise $150. The gift will be presented to the person by a MEPD member, on behalf of the MEPD for his incredible contribution to the 501st. It will be accompanied by a certificate, which will also bear the names of all who contributed. I know for a fact that this person will love what they get, which makes me all the more excited. I will be collecting via paypal; razor6025@yahoo.com. If you don't have paypal, and want to contribute, PM me for my address, and you can send a check. I will be posting progress reports here to let you know how close we are. I'd like to get this done ASAP, as there are several presentation opportunities coming during the summer months. I'm going to set an example, and toss $10 in the pot to get us going. Again, PM for details, I know you'll love this.

EDIT- UPDATE 3/21 - Due to some sheer awesomeness on the behalf of a certain individual, our overall goal is now a scant $150! That means we are two-thirds of the way there! At this point the project has begun, and there will be plenty of cryptic updates here. PM me w/ any questions.

I'd like to take a moment to say a public thank you to everyone who has contributed so far, and particularly to Alberto TD9009. Acting in true Sandtrooper spirit (as several of you have) his first contribution was more than my $10 "example". Then, going above and beyond, he made a second, that was even more than his first. I don't want to turn this into a contest of who can give the most, or so-and-so is better than you because they donated more. (You're all great!) However, I thought this particular act deserved special mention. Thanks again guys, we're almost there. You'll be happy to know that work on the main part of our gift has already started.

Please allow me to extend my gratitudes to those who contributed to this fundraiser.

When the person's identity is finally revealed I'm certain that all of you who gave will agree that this person is very deserving of our "small" token of appreciation for all that this person has done for us.

Also please allow me to recognize TD9009 aka Alberto for going "above and beyond" the call of duty! Thanks amigo!