SWAT Field Pack Evaluations

DirtyBoy

Field Pack Evaluations  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How critical should we be with SWAT field pack evaluations?

• 100% to the screen
    • A really good interpretation that pretty much no one but Lucas would see a difference
    • A good attempt with most of the parts in line
    • A loose interpretation with creative freedom
    • If it straps on use it

I think it would be almost impossible to make something 100% accurate...unless of course you got it from the set. I would go with Loose interpretation with creative freedom but that is more fore 501st acceptance rather than SWAT.

But, I chose A really good interpretation.

The weathering is so different on each of the packs that it would be hard to fully replicate the appearance 100%. People see all details differently in regards to the little things. I think that as long as the specs and components are spot on (i.e. wires, greeblies, colors, parts position, obvious markings, etc) and the pack shows evidence that you are doing the research and putting in the time to replicate to the best of your ability the chosen SWAT pack, that should definitely be taken under consideration.

I think that if a TD has made MEPD officer, it's safe to say that they should know the requirements and the expectations of attaining SWAT status and will do everything in their power to produce the best results possible to maintain the level of excellence that is expected from him/her.

This is just my opinion, of course. Again, I think the deployed officers are fully aware of what is ahead of them and won't go half-a$$ed with their SWAT build. :td::thumbsup:

With that said, I will be soon be submitting my pics for the Black Pauldron trooper in the alleyway at Falcon takeoff with the # 4 pack (before it started falling apart. lol) as my SWAT entry. :td::yes:

This detachment is first class and it's an honor to represent the troopers of the Sand with you all! :salute:

I think it would be almost impossible to make something 100% accurate...unless of course you got it from the set. I would go with Loose interpretation with creative freedom but that is more fore 501st acceptance rather than SWAT.

But, I chose A really good interpretation.

So you are saying loose interpretation for 501st acceptance right? That is fine but we are talking SWAT Deployment here. :)

I see a couple of problems with a 100% screen accurate pack being the only option for SWAT. While it is doable, without very specific dimensions for everything, which to my knowledge we don't have, every build is already not accurate.

Then there is the issue of parts. While we have some VERY talented people both here and on the Legion boards, you can find 3-4 different versions of Radio Faceplates alone, some in resin, some vac formed, etc...

Then there are the pack builders (LOL). As of now, it seems that both Rick and myself are the most active in this area. Rick and I go to great lengths to make our packs as Screen Accurate as possible, but even he and I don't do every detail exactly the same. There are some minor differences in our builds, and unless we combine efforts to make sure we both do everything exactly the same and use all the same parts, there will be some differences there as well.

Are we going to provide a list of SWAT ONLY acceptable parts vendors??? If so, who makes that determination???

I think that an interpretation that is as close to 100% is the right choice here. At this point, if you have spent any time here and have gotten Police Officer status, then you should know what is expected to attain SWAT status. Packs with obvious problems should not be posted for SWAT deployment. There are many choices that are both affordable and readliy available that can get you VERY close to 100%. It just takes a bit of effort.

I am not a member of the 501st but in my opinion if your going to spend money on anything then it should be done right, im building my move along pack and have spent countless hours researching every inch of detail to the best of my ability, setting my own standards as high as possible give me not only self satisfaction but thee assurance that my builds will also satisfy others who view and take pleasure in what i have made. I haven taken great pleasure in viewing every bodys buids here and can see that everyone takes great pride in being as acurate as possible.

So maybe a set of specific instructions or specs on how a pack should be done would be of great help to everyone.

i think a good start would be to have the exact dimensions of the seed trays!

that way its a good starting point,i think im right in saying all seed trays are the same dimensions

for each pack right?

from there i just used the best screen grabs i could find,i used no ref. pics of anybody elses packs,

just got ideas of the materials they used!

by doing this i believe its not to hard to get close dimensions of other parts,at least thats how ive done

mine,as for weathering its a hard one,id say as long as your pack has a light weathering that can be

seen but not overdone,i think it should be accepted!

just my 2 pence! :thumbsup:

I am currently not a member still working on getting armor but I look at it like this S.W.A.T is Elite just like Special Forces is for the Army in real life if one has the commitment and determination to join then they must follow the standards and criteria that are set for that kind of honor for example The Special Forces only give a Green Beret to those who completed the Course not to some one who works for them. If they want the same honor they have to go through the same criteria that the ones who earned it did. just my opinion if anyone has ever been to FT Bragg NC they see Non Airborne Personnel wearing the same Beret that those who are Airborne Personnel so the only thing that distinguishes them from the non airborne is a little patch with wings on their chest but a Green Beret walks by and watch out that stands out that says something the same should for be for S.W.A.T don't lower your standards cause then some of us won't have a challenge to earn. I hope to become S.W.A.T in the future and I will work at getting my armor to meet that criteria if there is no criteria I would just buy a rubies costume and walk around the mall selling balloons!!!!