*ACTIVATED* TD-8800 / ICONOCLASTA_88 / SWAT OFFICER # 013

Only observation I would make about your pack Juan is that it appears that you have done some amazing weathering on the radio but not much weathering on the tool box, top bottle and siphon! I wonder if this was intentional or have you just overlooked it. I only say so cos I think your tool box stands out as too shiny next to your beatifully weathered radio.

Nick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess now is just a matter of waiting for the small radar dish and adding it to the build...

In the meantime, I had my picture taken by a pro photographer...

Weathering was washed off by the studio lamps, and I miss the radar dish, other than that, I guess I am pretty much done.

Fisrt a couple comparison shots.

Then Ill upload more pictures in another thread...

I really liked the pictures,

Let me know what do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And... move along, move along!

Posted Image

:)

Saludos

although in the earlier pics ,your weathering looks lighter than Anthonys original "on set" weathering ... ( i looked "beyond the lighting and camera filters " used on set with Daves armour ,as anthony told me it was done ....oil, and the brown "boot polish look" ..these guys were actually lots darker originally on the set,but ,the lighting of the tunisian sun,and camera filters presented them as being a lot more subtle in the final movie shoulder pouch is sitting differently to the screen shot ( closer to the chest plate),and ,not on the shoulder bell|),and pauldron seems to be,shorter,and less "low strung" on the shoulder to Anthonys original pic ,but, saying that bro, i really thinkl you have still done the original 76' sandtrooper weathering and look real justice here bro!.... PURE 76' PASSION HERE Juan !....... saludos to you mi amigo ! :0)

Thx Dave!

Actually, the weathering is way heavier and darker than in pictures.

The first one was taken with my iphone indoors, and the light did not help much. The last ones were taken in a studio with pro studio lights so the weathering was really, and I mean REALLY washed off by the light.

I will try to take pictures outdoors, but work timings won't make it easy since I normally arrive home at night and leave early and in a rush to take my daughter to school.

Hope it will be enough, if I do need to show a better weathering, pls Rolf or Dirty Boy let me know.

:)

Saludos.

Juan

PS. Your opinion is always welcomed and valued!!

please do me a real favour here juan,and do what i did on my SWAT mission way back ,,and take some black and white pics of your costume bro! ....you will be surprised at how much the suble weathering really stands out as compared to a color pic ! :thumbsup:

Love the pics Juan!

Here's a question! Are we allowed the radio decals for Swat deployment? I ordered myself & Dave a set

Think Sir Dave was happy with my armour today :) just waiting for another parcel from Rick now

THX bros for your kind words.

Yes, decals are fine...

But in some versions you will need to paint them black... the pattern will show anyway and that looks cool IMHO.

In some other versions, the decals are fine if to be seen. Pretty much if you can see the green dial, you should be able to see the decals.

Saludos

• 1 month later...

You have an Amazing sand trooper and it is very clear you have paid close attention to even the smallest details!!!! Based on my review I can't find anything That would keep you from being Officially deployed as an MEPD SWAT team member.

Congratulations my friend!

Please make yourself a certificate so I can sign it lol

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome!

Have been waiting for these to be truth for almost two yearsnow since before the program was announced...

Ihave worked ******* my armor, being probably harder n my own build that I have been wth anyone and at the end it was not my opinion the one that wold count but the opinion of two of the TDs that I respect the most, Rick and Rolf, along with the SWAT team mmbers and the commuity of the MEPD backing them up... And that feels like a Very BIG achievement!

This is an awesome feeling and a very big Honor.

Thx to everyone that stood by my side and that helped me in this quest. It has been a 3 year long build and all the work is paying off!

So I guessI will be officially deploying myself on the back end of the site now. Right Rick? LOL!

Thx you bro, and thx everyone else!

A big THX for you for all your support, feedback, encouragenment and even for the parts I needed to upgrade my pack... I would not have been able to finish if not for you.

Specially THX to the SWAT team officers for inspiring me and us all...

And a big THX to Bluey for starting something in this detachment that is growing and will keep growing among us TDs.

Saludos

Juan..

btW, this is the pict I want in my profile ;)

Posted Image