Honey I'm Home

That must have got your attention.

Anyhoo!After a long, long absence from the world of the working trooper who likes to get down and dirty I'm back and I can't wait to get all mucky again.

I sold my beloved original Sandy to a fellow UK Garrison member a couple of years back and it has had to be the biggest mistake I ever made as I had so much fun in that outfit and at the time I was "the" only TD in Scotland and loved it.

But all was not lost!The sale of the TD allowed me to get the Royal Guard and subsequenlty the Senate Guard (only one in the UKG so far) so it was a sale that led to other things but I always wanted to go and do another Sandtrooer.

Not quite starting from scratch this time as I have the BFG (a DLT-19 nicknamed 'Stumpy'), a crackin' TM1 suit of armour which is calling out to me to get all mucky. And somewhere I still have the original Woodland Scenic pigments I used (but probably better off getting new stock). As much as I love trooping as a TK I always wanted to go and get my TD designation again.

So!After reading that Testors Dull Cote was newly formulated and was again legal in the UK my wee brain started to work overtime as that stuff finished off my original TD to perfection.

Got the double plumed Senate Guard helmet to finish off before I get 100% into the TD but I am already sourcing parts and whatever else I need. I see some gorgeous backpacks for sale but methinks the shipping to the UK would be as much as the pack would cost but it is an option I will explore.

Pauldron will be black as it's different and not many (can think of one other) over this side of the pond has one.

Looking forward to joining the ranks once again folks as "Once a Dirty Boy!Always a Dirty Boy".

Welcome back brother!!! Ya packs shipped to the UK get a little pricey but I can do a kit if you need man...just let me know

Sounds good - any info you can forward would be much appreciated.

Priority at the mo is getting the plumed Senate Guard helmet finished but then it will be full speed ahead on TD mk.II.

its definitely nice to see some troopers coming back to the dunes. :)

Abso frackin ' lutely!

Got a few things to finish off before getting started but already sourcing the parts I will need and have already seen a very nice set of leather ammo pouches on the bay of fleas which I quite fancy.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c27f0264d

TBH the big prob will be the pack and I am torn between getting one ready to go or building it myself from parts bought (ie:- Rick what comes in your kit and do you possibly have a quote + shipping to the UK please).

The build is a bit of a way off yet but it does'nt stop me "window shopping" in the meantime - going to need to save the pennies as well!

My only 100% dead cert is that my pauldron will be black (just got to find one now). :thumbsup:

As much as I love my Royal Guard (has to be my favourite costume) and being the only Senate Guard (at the mo and just wait for the plumed helmet to be done!) I am already getting excited and looking to getting that TD designation again.

great to see a u.k. member back!"trooper1" sells great pauldrons if your in need of one!as for ricks packs,there awsome!! :thumbsup:

ohh,by the way i think i saw a new w.i.p. thread on the u.k.g. of a senate guard!

Hi Marcus!

It feels good to be back amongst the working troopers of the 501st and I have been away too long from these forums.

The Senate Guard WIP over on the UKG forums is moi! Got a long way to go with it yet but I will get there.

I actually did order one of "trooper1's" pauldrons back in the day before I sold my original Sandy but cancelled it as I no longer had the TD. I did still keep coming back to these forums just to see what was what with the best **** troopers in the galaxy! :salute:

Will be a while yet before I start getting all the bits 'n' bobs needed but I do like those Pauldrons and Rick's pack does look better than awesome but methinks the shipping to the UK may be a bit too much (just assuming there) so may well go for the kit version but seriously conssidering the built one (wonder if I could persuade Santa to bring me one!).

Abso frackin ' lutely!

Got a few things to finish off before getting started but already sourcing the parts I will need and have already seen a very nice set of leather ammo pouches on the bay of fleas which I quite fancy.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c27f0264d

Rick, Can I give you some advice mate, something I try to say to all the UKG guys I hear are doing Sandy builds, stay clear of leather MP38/40 pouches with the tool pouch attached, they aint accurate. You are far better off with the lovely green canvas set that epicmilitaria do and then dye it black using a really cheap and easy paint on dye from Dylon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-WW2-MP40-AMMO-AMMUNITION-POUCHES-MP-40-/120764319082?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c1e1d456a

If you really want leather pouches for your hips then fine.

Cheers mate

Nick

Rick, Can I give you some advice mate, something I try to say to all the UKG guys I hear are doing Sandy builds, stay clear of leather MP38/40 pouches with the tool pouch attached, they aint accurate. You are far better off with the lovely green canvas set that epicmilitaria do and then dye it black using a really cheap and easy paint on dye from Dylon.http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c1e1d456a

If you really want leather pouches for your hips then fine.Cheers mateNick

Thanks for the heads up mate!

I did have another look at those leather pouches I liked and went off them TBH.

Juts fancied a leather pair as my original ones where leather but I have looked at the canvas ones you mentioned and they seem the way to go these days!