RS all suit up pics.

Rolf

Ah okay, thanks. Not having seen the armour myself, was wondering just how long those thighs were as I have Jawa dimensions...

Copy, 182cm whit out armor on, and also help me a bit i´m slim build at only around 70 kilos as well :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good there Rolf.

Is your butt sitting a little low Rolf? There's not much black between the back of the thighs and the butt plate.

Otherwise, it looks amazing mate. Top job.

Nick

Yeah the cod to the butt are a bit too long and there do not pull up the butt enough, it will be fixed :thumbsup:
Isn't that just because we've been conditioned to the reverse engineered RotJ to ANH armor for years? This is real ANH armor where the pieces fit snugly as they were sculpted and not having the huge gaps between the pieces like the RotJ stuff does.

Is your butt sitting a little low Rolf? There's not much black between the back of the thighs and the butt plate.

There is not supposed to be black showing. Why do you think there should be?

Isn't that just because we've been conditioned to the reverse engineered RotJ to ANH armor for years? This is real ANH armor where the pieces fit snugly as they were sculpted and not having the huge gaps between the pieces like the RotJ stuff does.

This is not real ANH armour, only a replica. The shape of the butt is the same on both ANH and ROTJ except ROTJ is conected to the kidney plate. Both TE ROTJ and RS ANH have badly shaped butt plates due to the fact that neither of the original pieces were supported while they were cast. I believe Rolf had to heat his up to tuck it in, didn't you?

What you have been used to seeing over the years like TE, AP, ATA are all bad interpretations of ANH armour and most of you guys haven't got a clue what original ANH is like. Not trying to belittle anyone here, just saying what you think is accurate is far from it, even the RS suit.

There is not supposed to be black showing. Why do you think there should be?

This is not real ANH armour, only a replica. The shape of the butt is the same on both ANH and ROTJ except ROTJ is conected to the kidney plate. Both TE ROTJ and RS ANH have badly shaped butt plates due to the fact that neither of the original pieces were supported while they were cast. I believe Rolf had to heat his up to tuck it in, didn't you?

What you have been used to seeing over the years like TE, AP, ATA are all bad interpretations of ANH armour and most of you guys haven't got a clue what original ANH is like. Not trying to belittle anyone here, just saying what you think is accurate is far from it, even the RS suit.

Very good answer sir! I was unaware of that.

Can you possibly show pics of what you mean? Also, is this something that can possibly be modified for others to sit better?

Not many people are aware of the big differences between replica and original armour. I can agree to a point with Carsten that people get accustomed to how something should look based on the replicas that are popular. But when you put a replica piece against an original the difference is huge. Just take a look at the SDS vs LFL comparisons to see what I mean.

Well, what I meant was that it was a replica of an ANH suit, not a reverse engineered to ANH specs from an RotJ suit. And the trimming between the two types is vastly different.

The SDS recast already available reverse engineered ANH fan made armor.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the RSProps vs original - I'm sure the differences between those would be less than with the reverse engineered stuff, seeing as the SiMan suit IS an original ANH.

Also... isn't the warped parts issue on the original SiMan costume due to how it was stored over the years and therefore not something to do with how it was vac-formed.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the RSProps vs original - I'm sure the differences between those would be less than with the reverse engineered stuff, seeing as the SiMan suit IS an original ANH.

You can see some comparisons on their facebook pages. Their thighs look different to the originals in some areas and the shoulder bells look a lot smaller. Lots of small areas are different all over the suit compared to the original it was cast from.

Also... isn't the warped parts issue on the original SiMan costume due to how it was stored over the years and therefore not something to do with how it was vac-formed.

That is correct. If the parts were somewhat flattened over the years then some effort should have been employed to correct the shapes whilst they were cast so the forms were true to their original shapes rather than the flattened pieces that are offered.

Copy :thumbsup:

i was thinking about heating up the butt end to bend it a bit more round a like.

My TrooperMaster suit butt plate was more round in shape then my RS here.

Heres a few shots:

My TM:

Posted Image

My RS:

Posted Image

That is correct. If the parts were somewhat flattened over the years then some effort should have been employed to correct the shapes whilst they were cast so the forms were true to their original shapes rather than the flattened pieces that are offered.

The reasoning was to offer casts of the armor exactly as it is now, not how they were.

They are reworking everything for a new version of casts, as far as I know.

The reasoning was to offer casts of the armor exactly as it is now, not how they were.

They are reworking everything for a new version of casts, as far as I know.

Ups... not sure now, if i shall feel happy for my two first version RS suits, or should have waited for the second RS version coming..

any way, i´m happy for what i got, and i guess in our prop world, the props/parts/suits are better/more accurate the less they have been modify worked on.

most of you guys haven't got a clue what original ANH is like. Not trying to belittle anyone here, just saying what you think is accurate is far from it

Maybe you should start your own forum with just yourself as a member seeing as your so disappointed with everyone on every other forum.Your armor is awesome but I can pick things wrong with it too.

The butt plate is exact to how simons is now. Meaning its slightly flattened but it really isn't hard to bend forward.I brought an unmodified replica of Simons original as I wanted no alterations and everything kept in its place. Yes some parts have lost a little shape but that's a very minor thing in my mind to having actual Anh cast armor. I've lined up my replica parts with extensive photos of every one of Simons original parts and things line up 95% of the time. I'm planning on getting a restored replica as well so I can have the best of both worlds.

Ben

Ups... not sure now, if i shall feel happy for my two first version RS suits, or should have waited for the second RS version coming..

any way, i´m happy for what i got, and i guess in our prop world, the props/parts/suits are better/more accurate the less they have been modify worked on.

Honestly, I would prefer the exact to the original owned armor, not reworked back to how it's supposedly was - that sorta puts it down a bit towards the previous reverse engineered ANH armor from RotJ. I wouldn't fret over it and I don't think you need to either. It's just making molds that incorporate the interpretation of accurate bend to the parts that may have flattened over time. It's a cool project... but as you say... any modification diminishes the accuracy to the original it came from.

Seriously man, feel happy and proud as **** of the armor you now have. It's awesome as all ****.

Maybe you should start your own forum with just yourself as a member seeing as your so disappointed with everyone on every other forum.Your armor is awesome but I can pick things wrong with it too.

Ben

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. It's not my place to point out the differences so I won't bother trying to educate anyone.

Sorry for the derail Rolf.

Honestly, I would prefer the exact to the original owned armor, not reworked back to how it's supposedly was - that sorta puts it down a bit towards the previous reverse engineered ANH armor from RotJ. I wouldn't fret over it and I don't think you need to either. It's just making molds that incorporate the interpretation of accurate bend to the parts that may have flattened over time. It's a cool project... but as you say... any modification diminishes the accuracy to the original it came from.

That's exactly what I got and Rob was very kind to give me what I wanted.Its always been my belief that any mods no matter how good bring the replica back towards a fan interpretation. What I have is a suit from their first prototype molds without any mods at all. The final suits that most buy have some mods here and there and the curve put back in the ab and chest plate.I don't know how but my shoulders from the prototype molds are bigger than the final suits and it's something I noticed right away.

Paul I was saying that comment at you with tongue in cheek if you know what I mean. The reason being is you sometimes come off like a certain other personality in the hobby and self proclaimed expert. I believe nobody is an expert at troopers as there are so many discrepancies just between the suits in the LFL archives. The suits were so rushed they were a mess and no 2 were really the same. Anyway I'm sorry for derailing too Rolf :)

Paul,

Please educate!!! LOL I know I am an old fella, who has been doing this a while, but not as long as you.

I believe that someone who has studied this as much as you is like a professor at a college of med students. You have been doing brain surgery, for many years, and now have the ability to teach others some things we might have been missing, and you know students!!!!! LOL I do hope that all you guys who have been around A LONG time, keep giving us an education on things you know. Paul, Rolf, Rick, and others please keep sharing your wisdom. I know alot, but still can learn more!!!

Sorry Rolf! this is a great thread, and I just like to learn more from you Professors about how this stuff was made, assembled, weathered, and worn. Beautiful build as always. Someday I hope to be able to get a set of TM or RS Armor, but who knows. In the meantime, I will just druel over yours!!!! Just wipe off before wearing!! :peace:

Ha love you guys, the mepd aka the bro´s of the sand all ways makes me smile and wanna come back for more knowledge and brotherhood good times.

I´m very happy for my RS sandy here, i guess he´s a childhood dream there came true.

I guess there are all ways a few things here and there we could do better, or redo, or add new items/pouches/weapons etc.

I will start on my RS Stormtrooper in a few month here, and assemble it over the winter.

Thanks for posting bro´s.

Hugs :thumbsup:

Posted Image