Pouch mistakes to avoid

Got some green pouches you want dyed black? Me too - just avoid these mistakes to make your life easier:

1) When using deglazer, keep a window open.

2) When opening the bottle of dye, be careful not to get any on your hands. Better yet, wear latex gloves

3) When you do get dye on your hands from not wearning gloves, do not run into the kitchen and wash your hands in the sink, else you'll get dye in the sink.

4) You can try using deglazer to get the dye off your hands, but be sure to recap the bottle after each use. Also, remember to open a window in the kitchen.

5) You can use deglazer to get the dye off of your kitchen sink, but your wife will complain. Better trying using Comet instead. It does the job equally well, is cheaper than using deglazer, and doesn't stink nearly as bad.

6) Most important: if you do make a mistake, don't do it when your wife is around to notice and use it as a lever to state that you are spending too much time and money on your silly SW hobby.

• 1 month later...

I hope you aren't going to tell us you did this naked and spilled dye down your front side as well!

No, but I do recommend sitting down to do this at a table instead of trying to do it "free hand".

Extra tip:

--> Remember if you're going to move the straps to remove them *before* you dye the pouches.

I've trooped with them twice now and like 'em a lot. Can't recall who provided the tip to put wood in there as sim'd clips, but it was a great tip.