Howdy from an old Clone Commander...got room for me?

CDR Thire

Greetings Brothers/Sisters :)

My name is Geoff - 501st handle is "CDR Thire"...been a proud member of the Legion since Feb. 2007. My first build was an EIII shock trooper, followed by Neyo, then followed by a ROTS Vader. Live in Tampa, FL - looking forward to helping out with hosting C6 later this year.

Making a long story short it's time for a new rig...I'm on my way to building a TD (so is a local squad mate of mine - Tmaxxfett). Super impressed with the MEPD site - it has been incredibly useful and we plan to "lean on the experts" as we move forward.

Looking forward to joining the ranks sometime soon :td: (underway...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome to the MEPD bro!

Please make yourself at home and if you need anything, let us now.

You will soon find out that we might be dirty bunch, but always friendly.

Saludos

Gracias!!

Greetings Geoff. You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy. But don't be cautious, ask away mate. We are all here to help. What route are you and your buddy taking as far as armour goes?

Nick

Greetings Geoff. You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy. But don't be cautious, ask away mate. We are all here to help. What route are you and your buddy taking as far as armour goes?

Nick

Through the MEPD forum I came across Trooper Gear ("AM" I believe...) and am waiting on a kit through him - read/heard very good things re the sculpt. Planning on a backpackless Captain for starters with the Lewis gun and in time will add the pack so I can apply for MEPD status :) Have one of Jay's pauldrons en route, on the list with TK boots, and had the pleasure of trooping with a sci-fire DC15 blaster as a clone - working with them on a special T-21.

Have a bunch to do though - my hope was to have this together by the end of June...we're also displaying a HIC desk and my ROTS Vader for the 501st room at C6 (still tuning those...).

Thanks again for the welcome :thumbsup:

Nick

BTW - I was stranded in London in April 2010 due to the volcano in Iceland - I met up with Stephen Smith and Adam Dalton for a pint...was a much needed gesture of kindness in a frustrating time :)

Cheers

hey geoff,welcome to the sandy side brother!

nice armour youve got there, but got to say for me that shocktroopers a killer set man,love to do one myself someday!

good luck luck with your build buddy :thumbsup:

Both clones have gone on to new homes - Vader has remained :) If you do pursue a Shocktrooper build I can point out some pitfalls to avoid...thanks for the welcome.

welcome mate :)

Thanks!