Shoulder straps help

Sandwatcher

its says on the crls is elastic accepted?

Shoulder Straps

For 501st approval:

• All Sandtrooper armor parts are required to be dirty. See the sandtrooper weathering page for more information.
  • Sandtrooper chest and back are attached from within via soft straps. For basic approval ribbed shoulder straps are acceptable but discouraged.

yes, for basic approvals those are acceptable....for MEPD officer status and SWAT you would need to go the extra wich is actually easier and better. The elastic allows you to pull the plates over your head (in most cases) without having to reattach.

You want to use 2" wide white elastic for your shoulder straps.

The original armour had the left side glued shut where the right had a snap on the chest to allow you to slip into the armour. See my replica below.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

One problem I think, or ask. This is for a TD, instead of a TK. Since their is no plastic cap

Using one piece of elastic, how do you hide your snap or Velcro?

I use elastic wrapped in canvas, which hides the snap, but wondering what you do?

One problem I think, or ask. This is for a TD, instead of a TK. Since their is no plastic cap

Using one piece of elastic, how do you hide your snap or Velcro?

I use elastic wrapped in canvas, which hides the snap, but wondering what you do?

All trooper armour was assembled the same so this method is good for Sandtroopers too, even though my photos show a Stormtrooper.

The original elastic shoulder straps had sew on snaps under the straps so they are not seen. You can paint the top of the snaps white or go for a double layer strap to hide it. I personally would never use canvas because it is too rigid and you want your armour to be able to move freely which is what elastic allows you to do. Canvas or webbing type straps have no give and can pop your snaps if you're not careful.

The original armour had the left side glued shut where the right had a snap on the chest to allow you to slip into the armour. See my replica below.

Wow...

And just when I thought I had done my homework... this I did not know.

So much still to learn!!!

Thx for sharing.

:)

Saludos.

Wow...

And just when I thought I had done my homework... this I did not know.

So much still to learn!!!

Thx for sharing.

:)

Saludos.

You're welcome :)

All original armour had the left side fixed and the opening side was on the right. Left side was held together with black elastic and 6 brass rivets on the abdomen and kidney and the chest and back plates permanently connected with a white elastic strap glued to both parts.

The right hand side had a snap facing inwards on the top corner of the abdomen and a black elastic strap glued to the top corner of the kidney plate to keep the armour closed at the waist. The shoulder and back strap was glue to the back plate and had a snap on the other end that connected inside the chest.

The final closing strap was under the groin. This was a 1" black elastic strap held inside the jock cup with the same bras rivet as used on the sides and had a snap on the other end. The butt plate had 2 snaps facing inside that offered some adjustability.

I am sure most of you know this but thought it would help those who are not familiar with original armour :)

• 1 year later...

You're welcome :)

All original armour had the left side fixed and the opening side was on the right. Left side was held together with black elastic and 6 brass rivets on the abdomen and kidney and the chest and back plates permanently connected with a white elastic strap glued to both parts.

The right hand side had a snap facing inwards on the top corner of the abdomen and a black elastic strap glued to the top corner of the kidney plate to keep the armour closed at the waist. The shoulder and back strap was glue to the back plate and had a snap on the other end that connected inside the chest.

The final closing strap was under the groin. This was a 1" black elastic strap held inside the jock cup with the same bras rivet as used on the sides and had a snap on the other end. The butt plate had 2 snaps facing inside that offered some adjustability.

I am sure most of you know this but thought it would help those who are not familiar with original armour :)

What type of glue is this to connect an elastic strap to the ABS back ?

I see ok.

TM when I look at your build here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/8240-the-right-hand-side-snap-and-chest-and-back-question/page-2, it seeps you used snap plates at the shoulder, then a middle snap to conventionally connect the shoulder bells.

Additionally, on that same photo, it seems that your breast plate is overlapping your abdomen. Is that ok for my son's armor?

TMarmorstrapping_zps12c1abc6.jpg