Fellow troopers, i kindly ask for your assistance...

Darth Voorhees

After 16yrs, 12yrs with us, sadly it is time to put out beloved cat, "Q-T" to rest.

Last summer my wife and I came back from our honeymoon and noticed his third lid on his right eye was half closed. The vet seemed to think it may have been a scar and irritating his eye to make the lid close.Turns out it was a tumor, and she removed it. Because of his age, he's 16, the vet didn't think it was worth testing to see if it was cancer, as putting him through chemo would be rough on him, and expensive for a cat his age.

Unfortunately the tumor was back within a month, and bigger than before. We brought him back to the vet and she said as long as he's acting normal and eating, just make him comfortable, there's really nothing they can do.

That broke our hearts, but that's what we did. Now he is not eating or acting like our "Q-T". We called the vet and she said it is likely time.[/size]

We found a vet closer to us that does home euthanasia, and would like to do that for him.We want to do this this way because he HATES carriers. He flips out when he is in one and usually ends up hurting himself. We don't want to put him through any more trauma or suffering and feel this is the most humane way. This way he can be in his comfy spot, with us with him, and go peacefully.

The cost is more expensive and we cant really afford it. So we set up a "chip-in" page to raise the funds for this for him here:

ChipIn: The QT at Peace fund

If you can find it in your heart to give just a little, it would really help. thanks fellow troopers!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you scribbler! and with that...

The goal has been met in 3hrs! ...my 501st brothers and sisters really came through!. I have no way to express how much i appreciate this. thanks so much from the bottom of my heart!

I'm so sorry about your friend. My dog is currently going through the exact same ordeal. I've had her for 14 out of 21 years of my life and she tried to fight a cancer in her nose but it's slowly growing. We're enjoying the time we have with her, letting her eat whatever she wants, and take her on walks when she's strong enough. Enjoy all the time and memories you have of you pets, I know how much they are like family to us.

Hey Lou, I am sorry to her about your cat Q-T, I am a cat lover too. From the first picture, it looks beautiful. 16 years is a ripe old age for a cat. About 80 human years. And I am sure it had a comfortable life living with your family.

I am glad the financial target have been reached as well.

Take care.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

Yes, we met the goal, and can now afford to do this in the home where he is comfortable. No carrier to stress him out. This is going to be the hardest thing i ever done. :(

I just now saw this, brother!

My heart breaks for you and Q-T and prayers are with you!

Our pets are family... but I believe there's something that is somehow even more heart wrenching when something goes wrong with them over our "human" family.

God bless!!

Guest td-8903

i know what your going through. i recently lost my cat of 19 years. and yes they are family. it tore me up inside. my prayers are with you. will light a candlefor him for just as i did for mine. :sweat:

Lou,

I just saw this and it just brought tears to my eyes....

I'm so sorry man.

If you need anything else, let us know.

I'm praying for you and your family during this sad time.

I hope he is comfortable and goes with peace.

God bless you brother.

Hey friend, my beloved Kiko had to be put down today. She finally lost her battle with cancer even though she fought her hardest... I've been breaking down carrying her collar in my pocket all day.. I miss her and love her.. This pic was taken only a couple days ago... RIP Kiko

Posted Image

Wow what a beautiful dog. So sorry for your loss as well. :(

Thank you all everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and help.

When the Vet came yesterday, she did confirm it was infact cancer, and a very aggressive type. So Q-T went peacefully in my arms. Last night was rough, first night without him behind my Knees when i slept. :(