Shotgun Shells

AlexZ76

I remember somebody posting to use real shotgun shells for screen accuracy... is this confirmed that they used real shells on the backpack? Because on the pictures it looks like a into pieces cutted pipe..

AZ

Yeah... it looks more like pipe sections.

For some time the theory that shotgun shells were used was floating around, but nothing was proven so, most of us just let it go...

I would suggest to go with pipe tubes for accuracy, although we might never know for sure what was used for that part.

Saludos.

• 2 months later...

I'm not a firearms expert but shotgun shells are closed at one end of the "pipe" where the metal part starts that actually ignites the powder in there when hit by this little hammer thingy in the gun. Right ?

So were the "shotgun shells" used in the movie backpacks also closed at one end or left open ?

We don't really know for sure.

We assume they are tubes cut in a length similar to a shotgun shell and therefore that's how we name them.

Truth is we don't have clear enough pictures or any proof of what they are. I did some research during the last few weeks on this precise issue and some evidence suggest they were closed at one end, at least a few of them. Also it looks like they could have some sort of stem on the end.

Dirty boy came with the idea that they could be syringes of some kind cut in two. We still need more evidence to support or disregard this theory.

Many ppl just close then in one end using metallic mesh following Mike H's build from a few years back. His pack and armor is pretty much the grandfather of all accurate gear and search for accuracy. You might have seen him in many Sandtrooper hasbro action figure packages. :)

You can do it closed on one end or not, just would not recommend to use actual shotgun shells since those are not accurate.

Hope it helps

Saludos.