RS Sandtrooper build up.

Rolf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking really nice Rolf. Hoping to see it complete and beautifully dirty.

I still need to get the RS belts, and the sandy ab three dot, before i can make it dirty. Hopefully soon.

I will get the sewed strapping system saturday, and will start adding it to the body armor.

New pics up soon :thumbsup:

Pure beauty!

:)

Saludos

Thanks bro.

I´m pretty happy for it as well.

Maybe i would like to trim the ears a bit more down.

But then they will fall, and loose the right high for accurate fit :blink:

Maybe i just try whit a few mm, and see how it goes :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't wait to see your gear up in person, let us know when you are done and you feel to do some crowd control in Copenhagen. Me and TD-4418 would love to come and keep all tourists and danes in civilized order this summer :)

Can't wait to see your gear up in person, let us know when you are done and you feel to do some crowd control in Copenhagen. Me and TD-4418 would love to come and keep all tourists and danes in civilized order this summer :)

Copy that, sounds like good fun bro :thumbsup:

Very nice buddy! I agree on the ears, they look a bit fat. Maybe they've been fed by Jabba? Posted Image

:woot::teehee:

Copy bro, i think i will try to take off a few mm.

New pics up soon :thumbsup:

Can't wait! :D

Me too, sorry for the mad slow progress. But i´m mad busy here all days each week, whit all most no free time.

But i hope to find some time to get this suit done soon :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow progress, but real life stuff killing the hobby time around these times.

New full time job, all most full time dad, girlfriend time.

I hope to add the strapping in the suit real soon, and then start a new topic whit the weathering get add on the suit.

And then a new topic wearing the suit, when its all done (i aim for pro pics in cool location, giving the right sandy spirit of it).

To be realistic, it can still take up to 3 month before i´m done, i know it sounds crazy, but my hobby time are close to zero.

Back in the days i loved to make topic of assembling sandtrooper gear all the time, i was quick and fast.

Now taking care of a small child alone, my assembles are mad slow vs. back then.

Taking care of a small child all alone are a total free time killer, but also the greatest thing in the world.

After i have done my RS Sandtrooper, i still have a full RS ANH Stormtrooper kit to start on as well + a DoopyDoo DLT-19.

Not sure there be topics made before they are done, as i´m so slow now in the progress on my assemble topics not having the same time as before.

Troop on :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, yeah my son are my number one all time, 24 hours each day, my every thing.

I could turn my back on him, and do more for my self, work on my armor etc.

But i can´t, i just wanna be there for him, and use my time whit him.

I´m also sure i will pay back, all the work and time and love i put into him.

It all ready have, we are so tight here, like true brotherhood.

Some days i say to my self, after i have read him bed time story´s etc, i will work on the armor.

But i´m so tired, after my work day most of the time, some evenings i wake up hours later in my cloth fall a sleep together whit him haha.

But yeah he will grow, and can do more him self, and we can do more hobby stuff together as well, and it will give me more "space" again.

Like assemble suits together etc, i can´t wait, but i also enjoy he´s small years here together :thumbsup:

I totally understand bro.

I myself am going through a very very busy time at work.

I have never had so much work in my life and it is just too time consuming working 15-17 hours a day every other day for more than 4 months now.

And then, whenever I get the chance to spend time with my little baby girl I just take it.

I know that even if I am working this hard for her, I must take every chance to actually be with her.

So... time spent with your children is always a well spent time. And giving them all we can to make sure they live a happy life is the most important thing for us parents!

There will be other times when we can go back and play stormtrooper factory...

:)

Be cool bro and be there for little Sylvester!

Saludos

Juan

Thanks bro´s.

Yep taken care of a small child your own, and all most full time. Plus not having family in the area to take over, is a time killer away from the hobby.

But its all good, as he´s my number one in this world, and i love to be there for him 24/7.

So i´m in no rush whit the suit, i´m more focused on being there 100% for my son, and girlfriend, and keep my job being good at it.

Plus i still need two items form RS getting it done, i was among the first ones getting a full kit.

So i did not get all the parts/items to finish it in one go, but over time.

Another thing is, that the 501st here in Denmark where i live are very slow on events, we only got one event this year.

So no need to stress getting it done there.

My twisted ex wife keeps making cases, trying to destroy my son and what we got together.

So it also take a lot of my time to go into these cases, to safe my son´s future the best.

Sadly it takes my positive creative energy, working on the armor.

I just hope she will let it go soon, so we all can move on.

Right now i just need:

Waiting on the rivets from RS.

Need to get the E6000 glue of the parts (when i glued the strips on, some glue comes out from the side strips on the parts, i need to remove that, but all most done).

Maybe trim the ear caps a bit more in.

Get it dirty.... and its done :thumbsup:

I hope got it all done before june, or at least ready to wear, only needing getting it dirty.

Troop on :td:

I just got the last items here from RS, the rivets.

So now i have every thing in place to finish the suit.

I´m not 100% happy for my front assemble on my right leg, so RS will ship me a new one.

I will take my time, as this kit is a child hood dream coming true, and do it as good as i can here, whit no rush.

I will post a few pics here when i have add the strapping, and trim in the ear caps a little.

I guess they will be the last pics in this topic.

Then i will make a new one getting dirty. and then a last one wearing the suit full gear up.

Its my goal to be done, and take the all suit pics whit in august.

Troop on :thumbsup: