Attaching control panel to mortar tube?

TK9787

I sand the entire tube, and the underside of the com panel, then wash and dry everything. Then i place com panel on the tube in position, trace and outline. Then use masking tape to mask a rectangle about 1/4" smaller than the pencil line. Then I paint the mortar tube satin black. When its dry peel the tape off, and glue the panel on with E6000 on both sides and let it tack up, then join and clamp. Its always better to have plastic on plastic contact. Never glue to paint.

Alright, I've got some epoxy. I will give it a try in a bit.I figure I will leave a little bit of tape overlapping underneath the panel. That way I can somewhat prevent any from getting where it shouldn't be. Good idea or no?

All great ideas...

The original way had the pad glued on and then the tube painted (by hand) if I'm not mistaken. If your using a black tube already any standard heavy weight adhesive will work

I cut two 1" wide strips of heavy duty double sided tape slightly shorter in length than the control pad.

Holds the pad in place great and if the tube ever gets damaged for some reason, the pad can be removed and re-installed on a new mortar tube.

I cut the tube in half length wise then used an open kiln to heat both it and the control panel until they started to warp. I then put the control panel onto the half of the heated tube. Since they're both sort of "melty" they will adhere to one another brilliantly.

I let that "sit" for 2 months then I drill 9 holes on each of the halves of the mortar tube along the edges and insert pegs into one side using simple super glue gel. I let that dry for a few seconds, then attach the two halves back together by glueing the pegs into the holes on the other side using the same super glue gel.

To finish off and hide the seam on the mortar tube I cover the whole thing with Bondo, control panel and all. That way it's really "even" looking. One that's dry I sand it down to a very fine wet sand paper and then paint the whole thing black. When the black paint is dry I finish it off by painting the control panel white again.

Just kidding.

I use E-6000 :D

I cut the tube in half length wise then used an open kiln to heat both it and the control panel until they started to warp. I then put the control panel onto the half of the heated tube. Since they're both sort of "melty" they will adhere to one another brilliantly.

I let that "sit" for 2 months then I drill 9 holes on each of the halves of the mortar tube along the edges and insert pegs into one side using simple super glue gel. I let that dry for a few seconds, then attach the two halves back together by glueing the pegs into the holes on the other side using the same super glue gel.

To finish off and hide the seam on the mortar tube I cover the whole thing with Bondo, control panel and all. That way it's really "even" looking. One that's dry I sand it down to a very fine wet sand paper and then paint the whole thing black. When the black paint is dry I finish it off by painting the control panel white again.

Just kidding.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good one.

I used E6000 as well. What doesn't E6000 stick to?????

Just kidding.

Seriously just laughed out loud :)