TD-2353 Requesting Deployment

Hi Dirty Troopers,

TD-2353 Requesting to get on board with my MEPD Bro's ;)

Name: Jelle Quispel

501st ID: TD-2353

MEPD Forum Name: Quismaster

Garrison: Dutch Garrison

Bucket:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Belt:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back and Ab Plate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shoulder Straps:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backpack:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blasters:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Binocular:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Complete pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backpack:

Posted Image

Posted Image

BFG:

Posted Image

Pauldron's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now we wait ;) Bucket off picture is on his way

hi Jelle. Nice photos.

FX armor right?

You should raise your chest plate higher, cut the cod piece from the ab then it would lower wich would make your armor look better! The FX cod is made too high. Also your front belt should be higher.

Let's see what the experts have to say. :)

Looking good Jelle.

There are a few things you may have to fix up though.

1. Your mid section does look like it is sitting up a bit high. In one photo it looks like it is pulling up in the crotch area. Loosen your suspenders a bit to lower it.

2. The sniper knee plate looks to be a bit small and a bit thin.

3. Ear screws in you bucket? Can't tell from the pics, but it doesn't look like they are there.

4. Tube stripes on your bucket (MRCE) look like the factory dark navy color (also hard to tell from the pics). They should be proper ANH blue.

5. Backpack has the general look with the parts you are using, though not everything is spot on accurate. The frame appeard to be straight and not bent at the proper angle. It does look like you angled the top trays though.

Just some of the things I noticed. They may not be necessary fixes for deployment. Lets see what command staff has to say.

Great start bro. Welcome aboard!

Hey brother welcome to the MEPD man....Glad to see you are ready to request deployment.

looks like youve got most of the things in line. Might need to bring up the chestplate a little bit so it fits you more proportionately and tweek a few things here and there.....if your using the DLT for deployment, you will need to add the ammo cover/box.... Nice job though...

First of all, welcome to the MEPD. Just a few things we need here.

Need a close up pic of the frown to make sure u have 4 gaps on each side as well.

Just a suggestion, your shoulder ammo pouch looks kinda flat, might want to put in some rectangular tubes to get the proper shape. B)

Everyone has given you some really good comments here man, let us know if you need help or direction.

And, I also have to say, I love it when someone just jumps in and their very first post is for deployment! That's fun!

Have you been "lurking" for long? You obviously knew what you needed — 3 buttons, shoulder straps, so on and so on.

Great job though, and here's to another dirty brother!! B)

Hey Jelle,

How are you doing bro.

You have a very good looking TD there...

And yes, as Bluey said, we can tell you have been lurking for some time since you have most of the requirements covered, or very close to it.

I would say this is a very good first approach, and as many have said, your work has payed off.

Still, there are a few things I would like to point you out where there is room for some improvement or modification.

Overall your armor looks good...

And I will separate my comments into need for deployment and merely suggestions:

Need for deployment:

Helmet:

-Will need a close up pict showing the 4 wholes on each side of the frown.

-Also a picture of the ear caps showing at least the two screws above and below the rectangle detail.

-A picture showing the correct blue for the tube stripes. This blue is supposed to be Humbrol 14 French Blue or a color match (Stickers or hand painted details are acceptable)

-Finally, a picture showing the details on the hovi mic tips and metallic mesh.

Backpack:

The overall look of your pack is fine. I think you have already done a great job, anyway, I want you to consider these upgrades:

-Add a "box" to the base of the exhaust port.

-Blue canister under the cistern syphon is a bit too short, try and replace it with another one a bit longer, similar size to the one on top.

-Cistern Syphon looks good even though I would call it a free interpretation. But I don't think parts should need to be bought, a good scratch built part is as good as a bought item or kit. I would suggest just to make the "twinki" and the "hamburger stacker" parts meet.

-Mortar tube, I think it is a bit too high. Just take it off and re position it a bit lower. The lower end of the tube is the one that should be standing out from the lower box, not the higher one. (do you get what I mean)

-The pack frame will need a bent in a 155 degree angle.

-As a scratch built radio, I might not have any big issue getting you deployed with it, but I do strongly suggest you to put some more detaling on it.

-Finally it looks like the tupperware lid (radar antenna) is a bit too small. Maybe once the tube is repositioned, it will look fine.

Armor:

-As stated, the sniper knee plate looks a little small. If you could replace it with a bigger more accurate one, that would make it.

Suggestions...

-It looks like your chest plate is a bit to low, this could be due to actual size or maybe just length of the shoulder straps. If you could make it to sit a bit higher on your chest, it will look better for sure.

-On the other hand, your ab plate looks a bit high. Two things you could do: loosen your suspenders and allow it to sit a bit lower and, wear your armor belt a bit higher. The top edge of the ammo belt should meet the lower edge of the ad square detail.

Your ammo pouches are fine for deployment since we can see both styles on screen. One thing you could do if you feel like it, is to checkout how the spanish pouches are actually worn on screen. They are not worn at the belt hight, but really "hang" from the belt. This might give you a more accurate look.

:D

I really hope you get this comments as suggestions and will all the best intention from us. We are here to help you become the best TD you can be!

There might be a few things you will just need post a better picture, if that was the case, just do that and thats it. If you need to mod any piece, maybe you can start a new thread on the Armor section of the forum where we can help you and give you input.

Also, if you need any blue prints for lets say, the sniper knee plate, or even the right frame angle, let me know and I will post them.

Our detachment, as you probably know, has the reputation of going a step further towards accuracy and always paying the most attention to details. But this can only be achieved because of the great people over here. Most of us, just like you, have spend countless our working on our armor, researching, comparing references and again, working on our armors... But this is also a great thing because that way we can encourage and help other troops trying to become deployed or even go further in accuracy.

Please, if you have any question or doubt, or feel like I am not giving you the right answer or help, post on the forum or PM me. I will be more than happy to help you and direct you to the best possible answer. And I am also sure that there will be a big lot of troopers willing and ready to help you.

You have already done a great job Bro!

Congrats!

You are only a few mods away from deployment!

Saludos

Juan

As a fellow bro in the same garrison i would like to give some more advise.

Your bucket is MR if i remember so you need to make some cuts in the frown for the 4th whole.

And i miss the straps around the biceps but i dont know for sure if its a depolymend stopper .....juan?¿

For the rest hope to see you soon.

Greetz,

Sand Giant

TD-9890

Dutch garrison armorer

End of line

Thanks Guy's,

I have to take a look how to get this job done. May be with some help of my fellow Dutch Garrison Dirty Troopers i will get the job done :D

Indeed it's a FX armor and a MR Bucket. I shall see what i can do to be succesfully deployed. Wish me luck ;) again thanks for the tips ;)

@ Maurice

That will be a weekend of working on my Sandy ;)I'm looking forward to it.

I also weathered my Binocular but i'm a little bit doubting it would be looking good:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just let me know what you think ;)

Hey Jelle, heared it from Maurice that you applied for your deployment status. B)

I could repeat everything that is stated above but when you get that all fixed( with the help of us all or who is the closest to your home ;) )

You'll get there asap and good to see you made a step forward, now make it count buddy!!!

• 7 months later...